Fuji 8x -R 411s@811s

vbimport

Hello everybody. New to these forums. Just wanted to ask about the media I’m having trouble with.

I have Fuji Film 8x DVD-R discs, and DVD Decrypter only lets me burn at 2x speeds. What’s up with that? I thought the crossflash to 811s from the 411s would make a difference, but no. I did search before posting, but only found limited results. I wish there was a chat room instead :frowning:

BTW, the crossflash was a breeze, you guys made it super easy. Although I don’t use +R media, I wanted at least to see what all the fuss was about.

LITE-ON DVDRW LDW-811S HS0K (ATA)
Current Profile: DVD-R

Disc Information:
Erasable: No
Free Sectors: 2,297,888
Free Space: 4,706,074,624 bytes
Free Time: 510:40:38 (MM:SS:FF)
Supported Write Speeds: 2x

Pre-recorded Information:
Manufacturer ID: ProdiscF01

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):
Book Type: DVD-R
Part Version: 5
Disc Size: 120mm
Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified
Number of Layers: 1
Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)
Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit
Track Density: 0.74 um/track
First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608
Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 0
Last Physical Sector in Layer 0:

1st of all wellcome to cdfreaks BokaSW

2nd the crossflash only allows 8x burning with +R media

3rd The Fuji Film -8x media is to new for the 811S that you are using it may be supported in a later version of the firmware but I doubt it.

4th No support in firmware means slow burning speed sorry.

wow, that was a fast reply. Thanks for the info!

Fast, but incomplete :).
5th No support in firmware means add it by yourself :slight_smile:
Look here.

FUJIFILM03 is not supported by any x11 firmware. You can replace an unused media code in the firmware with the tool in my signature by the code you need and replace the writing strategy with omnipatcher. This process will void your warranty. Check the strategy changing thread for matching strategies.

In DVD Decrypter it says “Disc Manufacturer ID: ProdiscF01” does your quote above apply to my situation? If so, then I’ll have to brush up on omnipatcher :slight_smile: Thanks

Usually I do not link to my own posts for fun :).

If so, then I’ll have to brush up on omnipatcher :slight_smile: Thanks

You should first read the post I linked to again until you get the message.

@BokaSW
ala42, is suggesting that you add the ProdiscF01 media to the firmware, by using his program, the MediaCodeSpeedEdit tool. Follow this link to find out more about his program and how it can help you. :wink: