Fuji 16x DVD+R

I would like to try PHILIPS.C16, PRODISC.R05 and RITEK…F16.

Seems that Fuji DVD+R could be all of those.

does anyone have tips how to recognize which media is which?

For europe

Philips.C16 can only be found in the old black packaging style.

In the silver you can find Prodisc.R05 and ritek…F16 and MBI03RG40 ( I think it was but I’m guessing it at the moment and am to lazy to look it up !)

Isn’t Ritek F16 a dvd-r id?
I belive you mean Ritek R05.

got the info from here
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia?dvdmediasearch=fuji&dvdmediadvdridsearch=&type=3&size=All&dvdburnspeed=16&order=Name&hits=50&search=Search+or+List+Media

should be accurate

Strange… I have some Fuji 16x Ritek R05, pretty good.

if i’m not mistaken F16 use some type of Fuji dye. they are manufactured seperate from normal ritek media

[QUOTE=nekrosoft13;1963505]if i’m not mistaken F16 use some type of Fuji dye . . . .[/QUOTE]
I have been told that Ritek F1 & Ritek F16 MID’s are manufactured with Fuji’s [B]OXONOL dye[/B]

[B]Some people believe that this oxonol dye is very stable[/B] (for long time conservation)

Ritek F16 is the MID used for FUJIFIM DVD+R 16x [B]LabelFlash:[/B]
http://www.nierle2.com/s01.php?sid=PG007521968077062905300807706290&shopid=s01&cur=eur&sp=fr&ag=1&os=1&br=1&pp=aa&bnr=4143

The Fuji’s I’ve bought that come packaged in 5 multi-colored, 15 count spindles (60) made in Taiwan have been Prodisc.

Just like these, but only 60 16x instead of 30 8x

Shame my local retailer no longer has the same package made in Japan.

I’m guessing your local retailer was Staples? They used to sell the 30-pk color ones that were MIJ and actually had a tyg02 (8x DVD-R) or y000t02-00 for the 8x DVD+R. Those were the best for sure. Once Fuji switched to MIT, people were NOT impressed with the burns at all.

[QUOTE=franz99;1963536]I have been told that Ritek F1 & Ritek F16 MID’s are manufactured with Fuji’s [B]OXONOL dye[/B]

[B]Some people believe that this oxonol dye is very stable[/B] (for long time conservation)

Ritek F16 is the MID used for FUJIFIM DVD+R 16x [B]LabelFlash:[/B]
http://www.nierle2.com/s01.php?sid=PG007521968077062905300807706290&shopid=s01&cur=eur&sp=fr&ag=1&os=1&br=1&pp=aa&bnr=4143[/QUOTE]

RITEKF1 and RITEK F16 (6 months old) all Fuji branded haven’t degraded at all for me. I like Ritek 16x +R media because in my experience it’s better than MBI and CMC’s 16x +R media, which I both despise because of inconsistent quality :a

w0w got some Ritek F16 mixed with R05 …
I dislike F16 vs R05…
Look @this F16 from fuji…

I don’t see any problem with that scan at all - I’d be well happy with that if it had a smooth TRT. Have you tested how well they burn at 12x?

I just don’t like them, pie rising on the end, jitter not bad but… could be better, i burned them @8x
I prefer to buy Verbatim, it’s cheaper and better.

[QUOTE=rakter;1964355]I prefer to buy Verbatim, it’s cheaper and better.[/QUOTE]

Verbatim cheaper? :eek:
At cdrwinkel.com they sel a 25 Fujicakebox for only 7,50 euro’s.
After seeing your scan I consider trying those on my new Optiarc.

[QUOTE=rakter;1964355]I just don’t like them, pie rising on the end, jitter not bad but… could be better, i burned them @8x
I prefer to buy Verbatim, it’s cheaper and better.[/QUOTE]

The scan looks ok, PIE does rise at the end suddenly. I’d look at some ways to eliminate that, then to be quite honest, it looks like a very decent burn. Wanting less PIE/PIF is useless. Trust me, you’d rather hope for better stability and reflectivity than PIE/PIF to be lower.

To try and eliminate the rising PIF I would:

A: Try same burner, different speed- perhaps 6x if possible.
B: If slower turns out worse, try higher - 12x, though I am skeptical that 12x would improve but you never know.
C: Try a totally different writer.

If it always rises no matter what, the discs are defective towards the end and may have issues. If that’s the case, I totally agree with you and wouldn’t trust them for anything really important.

[QUOTE=Frontwing;1972258]Verbatim cheaper? :eek:
At cdrwinkel.com they sel a 25 Fujicakebox for only 7,50 euro’s.
After seeing your scan I consider trying those on my new Optiarc.[/QUOTE]

I buy Dvd+r Verbatim for 7.80€ 25 pcs pack in Portugal (not on big stores aka FNAC that sells them @ 16.90…)

Hi,
I have Fuji DVD+R 16X with Oxonol Dye.
I bunt it with the speed of 6X by Plextor(Model 760SA)firmware 1.6.
This is the result.
What do you think?
Shall I continue using this media?

What do you think of HP DVD+R with MCC004+R Dye?

Which one is better?

Thanks in advance.
Regards.

BTW, in the states, Rite-Aid is supposed to be having another one of their 50% off Fuji media sales, starting Sunday.

[quote=disturbed1;1963657]The Fuji’s I’ve bought that come packaged in 5 multi-colored, 15 count spindles (60) made in Taiwan have been Prodisc.

Just like these, but only 60 16x instead of 30 8x

Shame my local retailer no longer has the same package made in Japan.[/quote]
I have about 10 of the MIJ Fuji tri color spindles left from when Staples was selling them for 8.99 for 30 discs. You could always tell the MIJ spindles because the bottom of the spindles were gold colored. I think Fuji used Taiyo Yuden for along time before that because my local BJs Wholesale Club had the 50 spindles for 14.99 all were TYG02 or Yuden000-T02-00, then they disappeared and the only Taiyo Yuden you could buy was Sony rebadged. Now they are also in short supply. But he prices of online MIJ Taiyo Yuden media are not that bad, so I will continue to buy them online.

I have very, very good burning results with Ritek F16 (Fuji 16x, made in Taiwan) on LiteOn 20A1H at 8x. The results are much better then new TY03 (Japan) or MCC004 (Taiwan).