FTI Falcon Media Pro 16X DVD±R results thread

Please post your FTI Falcon media Pro 16X DVD±R here.

Please list your Drive and firmware, Burn speed, MID, and Program used.

Drive - Optiarc AD-7240S /1.00
MID: Falcon Media Pro 16x DVD+R White Inkjet Hub Printable “TDK 003”
Burned with: CDSpeed
Burned at: 16x
Time: 5:31

Drive - Optiarc AD-7240S /1.00
MID: Falcon Media Pro 16x DVD-R Silver Inkjet Hub Printable “TTH02”
Time: 5:33

I would also like to comment on the printing surface. The surface of both the White and the Silver Inkjet printables are very smooth almost like TY Watershield, the output on my Epson R320 looks very nice, not close to Watershield but nice!

Drive - LG BH08LS20 /1.00
Time: 5:46

Drive - LG GBW-H20L /YG01
Time: 5:45

Drive - LG GBW-H20L /YG01
Time: 5:43

Drive - LITE-ON iHAS220
Burned with: Nero Burning ROM “Video DVD”
Time: Not Full

Thanks for creating this :bigsmile:. Wonderful way to stop the speculation and start the knowledge. They do have one of the nicer print surfaces, don’t they :). Liking the vivid color the silver pearls give w/ my RX680.

Samsung SH-S202G(SB00)
Falcon 16X DVD-R white inkjet printable
Burned at 16X with CD Speed
MID: TTH02

Lite-on DH-20A4P (9P59)
Falcon 16X DVD+R white inkjet printable
Burned at 16X with CD Speed
MID: TDK003

Lite-on DH-20A4P (9P59)
Falcon 16X DVD+R white inkjet printable
Burned at 12X with CD Speed
MID: TDK003<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Optiarc AD-7200A (1.Z3)
Burned overspeed at 18X with CD Speed

Goood jitter for an overspeed burn. Would expect no less from my 7200 :)<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Also something I would like to mention, these discs came VERY VERY clean.
Dust on the bottom of packaged/sealed media always bugs me and these are CLEAN, not even a spec of dust!

Drive - LITE-ON iHAS220
Time: 5:43

Optiarc AD-7200A (1.Z3)
Burned overspeed at 16X with CD Speed
Burn time 5:28
:smiley:

Damn look at that Jitter! :eek:

Great results, thanks for sharing your scans! :slight_smile: Now only if I could get my hands on some of that FTI media here in Asia… :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, can anyone comment on the longevity of FTI/TDK media, or would that also be all speculation?

[quote=evo69;2259258]Great results, thanks for sharing your scans! :slight_smile: Now only if I could get my hands on some of that FTI media here in Asia… :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, can anyone comment on the longevity of FTI/TDK media, or would that also be all speculation?[/quote]
Hi evo69 :). Last time I E-mailed Fred Perez at Falcon about availability in Asia/Philippines(3-5-09) , his response was “doesn’t look good”. Sorry :sad:. Just e-mailed him again for an update a few days ago, let you know if that changes :iagree:.
You’ve probably seen our discussion about longevity http://club.cdfreaks.com/f33/how-good-fti-falcon-271517/. I’m pretty convinced that FTI’s manufacturing will lead to durable discs. But of course, only time will tell :). And I was serious before, if Falcon can’t get these to you, I’ll send some over myself :). Have you seen the CD-R scans?

You can imagine the big grin on my face at the end of that scan :bigsmile::iagree:.
Speaking of nice jitter, you mentioned liking -R’s. I know its OT, but thought I’d post this for you :).

iHAS322(3L14-CK-FR-SCR)
SB: on, others: off
Falcon Media Pro 8X DVD-R burned at 8X
MID: TTH01
Made in UAE by FTI

[QUOTE=deanwitty;2259357]Hi evo69 :). Last time I E-mailed Fred Perez at Falcon about availability in Asia/Philippines(3-5-09) , his response was “doesn’t look good”. Sorry :sad:. Just e-mailed him again for an update a few days ago, let you know if that changes :iagree:.
You’ve probably seen our discussion about longevity http://club.cdfreaks.com/f33/how-good-fti-falcon-271517/. I’m pretty convinced that FTI’s manufacturing will lead to durable discs. But of course, only time will tell :). And I was serious before, if Falcon can’t get these to you, I’ll send some over myself :). Have you seen the CD-R scans?[/QUOTE]

I’m getting bored with having the majority of my blank media of the MCC/MKM fare and was hoping for an alternative since TY is also virtually non-existent locally (even if they do have an office here, but I think it’s for something unrelated to media production). Your offer of sending some over is really tempting, but I’m pretty sure the shipping will cost more than the media. :sad: I would still like to remain (somewhat) practical with regards to media purchases (as much as a CDFreak as I am!) :smiley:

That iHAS burn of 8x TTH01 is really good! :clap: The CD-R scans were also fantastic, and the diamond finish makes it even better! :wink: :smiley:

Thanks dean! :flower:

This all brings up some really interesting issues, since these are TDK media codes. Does anyone have hope that one day, we may start to see the return of these codes to regular use under the TDK brand, and maybe even start seeing more made in the UAE media under that brand?

It’s truly a surreal moment when you realize that the elephant in the room is the fact that we are seeing the comeback of TDK from the trash heap, even though the letters TDK are nowhere to be found on the package or the disc label.