FSOJ and Bitsetting Tools

vbimport

I have recently update F/W for my Lite On 411s from FSOF to FSOJ in order to burn DVD+R with bitsetting tools. I burnt movie on DVD+R (CMC) with book type set to DVD-ROM. DVDInfo detect disc as book type DVD-ROM but my PS2 (none-mod) still refuse to play this disc. Have anyone try booktype with this F/W? So far my PS2 the old version (39001) can play only DVD-R and DVD+RW. I would like to be able to use DVD+R so I can get rid of all my DVD-R and buy only DVD+R. Thanks in advance

Have you tried more then one +R media? Even with the bit setting tool cheap +R discs might not work in a PS2/DVD player, same as cheap -R’s.

What +R’s are you using and what are the PI/PO errors on them?

Read the guide in my sig, Kprobe section if you don’t know how to do that.

A lot of time, cheap media just won’t play on a set-top/xbox/ps2. Not because of the booktype is not compatible, but the media itself is not readable on your PS2.

Buy a different media and try it again.

Try using different burning app.
My DVD player (cyberhome) for instance wont play n e movies burnt with Nero, However it plays all DVD’s burnt with Gear Pro Mastering edition ( there is a demo on the homepage off gear software)

This has something to do with capital letters usage.

Just try this software and report back here :slight_smile:

good luck

I do have Ricoh JPNR01, I will try that later on. right now I’m thinking about using FSOH or FSOJ and keep DVD+R or go back to FSOF for my DVD-R. I don’t really care much about PS2 and beside all my burnt disc +'s -'s can play with at least 5-6 stand alone players now.

@ Spidy1000
I don’t have any problem with Cyberhome 300S with any type of my media burning with NERO 6.3.0.2 and CloneDVD.

@Sseth
Here is my scan @ max 8 ECC. if scan @ 4X PI goes up to like 1000.

If you are scanning at 4x and the errors are up in the 1,000 range you can be sure it is a problem with cheap media and not booktype/burner.

I bet ya a shiny nickel when you burn with the Ricoh media and -ROM bookype it will work in your ps2.

Yes I tried on RICOHJPNR01 and it works but the thing is it make an ugly noise as it cannot find the disc a cople times before start reading disc (same when I insert DVD+R without booktype -ROM). This doesn’t happen if I use DVD-R. I’m afraid I’m going to damage my PS2 if I keep playing these DVD+R with booktype setting in it.

About Kprobe scan, It’s kind of known to be a problem when scan with 4X 8ECC with DVD+R in anyof F/W except FSO7. Of course my scan for both CMC Mag and RICOHJPNR01 at 4x PI goes up to almost 1000. So it’s not about cheap media only must be something else. I might try FSOH rather on and try to burn with different software (currently I use NERO to burn only)

Here is a scan of Ricoh JPNR01 which can be played in my PS2

Scan @4X 8 ECC

I’ve been experimenting with the bitsetting tool, a DVD+RW and my LDW-411S with F/W FS0J.

I can’t get it to work.

DVDInfoPro always says the book type is still DVD+RW.

Are there any instructions anywhere??

+RW must be new, or full-erased prior to setting.
Open the utility with the disc in the drive and set to ROM, then burn the disc.
You must eject the disc before it will show as ROM, and it will remain as ROM till you do another full erase. RW discs are not always cooperative, sometimes it takes a few tries or a new disc.

@rdgrimes

thanks for mentioning the bit about full erasing even a part used +rw. I thought I’d have to get more and bitset them before use. I just full erased a disc I’d been using before and it bitsets perfectly now.

Originally posted by Spidy1000
[B]Try using different burning app.
My DVD player (cyberhome) for instance wont play n e movies burnt with Nero, However it plays all DVD’s burnt with Gear Pro Mastering edition ( there is a demo on the homepage off gear software)

This has something to do with capital letters usage.

Just try this software and report back here :slight_smile:

good luck [/B]

n e? Do you mean “Any”? Wow…One letter difference…None with the space you added…and yet you won’t type out “any”?

Originally posted by transdogmifier
n e? Do you mean “Any”? Wow…One letter difference…None with the space you added…and yet you won’t type out “any”?

Well that was constuctive.

Once I set it to DVD-ROM do I leave the leave the program
activated but just minmize it or do I exit from the program?

After I change +R to DVD-ROM does it matter
what I program I then use for the burn?

Would DVD X Copy Express work?

thanks,
KK55