FS07/FS0B = more problems

Am I the only person to experience more problems with the new firmwares than I did with the FS02.
I now cannot play the dvd’s on any dvd player I have access to apart from on my pc.
The write face of the dvd has a visible band around the perimeter and around the centre hub. With the old firmware I never had these at all.
Can anyone give any advice please.
How do I flash back to FS02.
Cheers
:frowning:

Yes more people than you have experienced problems with latter firmware, you can find out more in this thread about what people experienced. Also yes it is possible to flash back, since LiteON uses MediaTek chipsets you can use the good old programs to flash it with a binary backup.

What are the good old programs?
Can anybody pm me the program or link if that is possible
I have tried to find ltnflash or whatever it is called but all the links are down

Problem solved now. I have had to reflash back to fs02.
I had a load of coasters with fs07 and fs0b.
I will have to wait to see if there is a further revision of this drive’s firmware

Yor drive is a real LDW-411S I hope, and not a converted LDW-401S?

Personally I’ve never seen such problems with my LDW-411S (real, not converted).

Originally posted by OC-Freak
Yor drive is a real LDW-411S I hope, and not a converted LDW-401S?

So you’re thinking there are some hidden “features” inside FS07 that keeps it from working properly on converted drives?
I don’t think so.

Personally I’ve never seen such problems with my LDW-411S (unreal, converted).
I also didn’t hear from anybody with converted drives of having problems with FS07 or FS0B.

My drive is a real 411s
I got it 2 weeks ago from www.overclockers.co.uk
I have had nothing but trouble with it
Discs I had used well with the fs02 would not work with the new firmwares.
I can’t work it out

Who are the manufacturers of the media you use? Identify it it with smartburn, DVD-identifier or DVD-info pro.

So you’re thinking there are some hidden “features” inside FS07 that keeps it from working properly on converted drives?

That’s not what OC said , and not what he’s thinking.
Drives that are improperly converted, (by flashing EEPROM from another drive), may exhibit a range of weird media issues, and may not work at all on many types of media.
It’s not a plot, it’s the way the EEPROM works.

Originally posted by rdgrimes
That’s not what OC said , and not what he’s thinking.

I assumed that when he said “converted” he meant “properly converted”.
I have never understood why so many people have “lost” or overwritten their original eeproms.

It’s also possible that a “converted” drive may be missing some information that the “real” drive has. Even if it is converted without EEPROM hacking. This may be better understood later on, or maybe not.
But this is off topic here.

.there is no converted drives .it is jst a rumer

I have had a reply from liteon already and they sent me a copy of smartburn so I can feedback to them.

Here are the results of the discs I have left that I fished out of the bin.
I had some Maxell and TDK discs as well(? Manufacturers) but they had varying results. Notice one of the discs is Identified as a dvd+r when it is actually a dvd-r

Drive Type = DVD DUAL
Disc Type = DVD-R (Single Layer)
Disc MID = 52 49 54 45 4B 47 (RITEKG)
Disc TID = 00 04 30 34 00 00 (…04…)
Manufacturer Maybe = RiTEK Corporation
Smart-Burn Speed Limit = 4.0X(Write)
This the only disc which will work for me with fs02 but will not work with fs07 (or FS0B)
All the other discs will not work with any firmware- Disc Error/ corrupt files

Drive Type = DVD DUAL
Disc Type = DVD+R (Single Layer)
Disc MID = 52 49 43 4F 48 4A 50 4E (RICOHJPN)
Disc TID = 52 30 30 (R00)
Manufacturer Maybe = Ricoh Company Limited
Smart-Burn Speed Limit = 2.4X(Write)
THIS IS ACTUALLY SUPPOSED TO BE A STOREQUEST DVD-R AND NOT A DVD+R( even so it should work)

Drive Type = DVD DUAL
Disc Type = DVD-R (Single Layer)
Disc MID = 50 52 49 4E 43 4F (PRINCO)
Disc TID = 00 04 00 00 00 00 (…)
Manufacturer Maybe = Princo Corporation
Smart-Burn Speed Limit = 4.0X(Write)

thoughts anyone?

First note is that most PRINCO discs sucks.

Second not is that RITEK G04 is varying in quality at best. (I’m getting below average result with my RITEK G04 discs). Most likely these should work though.

The ricoh discs is for sure 2.4X DVD+R discs, as ricoh do not make DVD-R discs at all, these should work ok though to my experience.

I can understand that Princo sucks, I have used several different types.
I can understand that I have been sold Ricoh dvd+r instead of dvd-r.
What I can’t understand is that the ritek discs worked with fs02 but when I flashed to fs07 and fs0b they did not work at all.I burned 4 coasters.
When I flashed back to fs02 all the ritek discs worked a treat ie not a single coaster.
I thought the new firmware would add extra media compatability not take it away.