Fry's.com

vbimport

Homepage http://www.frys.com/

Requested by jeff53404

Their customer service is great. When software is advertised “free after rebate”, they alert you if the item is backordered and the likelyhood you can meet the fullfillment dates.

I order a DVD Recorder (great price/great packaging/competitive shipping).

:bigsmile: Great customer service and fast 2 day DHL shipping. I was lucky to score some Corsair XMS Ram that they had on sale which was cheaper than Newegg. It was even cheaper with the 2 Day DHL shipping. I’d buy from Fry’s again if the price is reasonable including the shipping cost.

Great Prices! I just got a burner for 14.99 after rebate!
budzos

[QUOTE=jeff53404;2105535]Their customer service is great. When software is advertised “free after rebate”, they alert you if the item is backordered and the likelyhood you can meet the fullfillment dates.

I order a DVD Recorder (great price/great packaging/competitive shipping).[/QUOTE]

I too ran into the problem of “free after rebate” even though they showed a quantity on hand when I ordered. As the rebate was time sensitive I called their CSR’s to ask about it and did so about every 3-5 days. The video card shipped on time for me to get the rebate–and I did get the rebate. In the end all was well!

Only problem I’ve had with Fry’s was that I received my order before the tracking # was sent out, lol.

biggest problem is they ship in a big box(a.k.a.=unibox)
this box is about 14" square
1st time I ordered some RAM & it was just floating around in the big box
along with a DVD and a ext. enclosure
2nd time I ordered I got some blank DVD’s (H.P. & LG)
box arrived intact,opened it up ,found some airbags on top,
DVD’s on bottom. spindles smashed and cracked
tossed out about 5 blanks with chips in them
so the moral of the story is make sure what you order:
fits in the box,is not too heavy, and wont get smashed
otherwise showed up in about 3 days at a good price

(U.P.S. says you have to pack the box in order to withstand
a drop of 6 ft. for their conveyer belt system)

I have a Frys close enough to drive to, but luckily far enough away I don’t go there too often. I have never ordered anything online from them yet, if I want it bad enough we make a road trip and go :bigsmile:
The service in store is OK as long as you know what you want and they will accept just about anything back without issues as long as you have everything and the paper work.
The bad part is the store here is HUGE, they bought out Tandy’s Incredible Universe and left all the old inventory and even the truck they used in place, still says Incredible Universe all over it.
They also dig through your bags before you leave and check against your receipt, probably left over from doing business in much smaller stores where shop lifting small items was rampant.
If I need something like obscure test gear and about anything else like electronic parts or chemicals I go there.