Frustrated with Hitman

vbimport

I’m trying to backup Hitman, I have a Mitsumi CR-4804TE RW and using CCD. I have tried various settings from everything off but fast error skip, to most suggested settings, I know its safedisc2 and that It should be no problem fro CCD but no luck. I’ve been burning them to RW’s first to see if they will work, could this be the problem? I know there is a patch but would prefer a 1 to 1 copy! Any tips or tricks would be appreciated, thanx in advance!

Come on, I’m sure that someone here should have some ideas as to whats goin on!

Actually it is a problem with your burner, it probably doesn’t support full RAW writing. If you read our clonecd forum you’ll see many people can’t copy safedisc 2 protected games.
CloneCD isn’t the problem, but your burner is.

Originally posted by djewst
Actually it is a problem with your burner, it probably doesn’t support full RAW writing. If you read our clonecd forum you’ll see many people can’t copy safedisc 2 protected games.
CloneCD isn’t the problem, but your burner is.

This is the problem, from what I’ve read on Clone’s site and in a few forums, my Mitsumi does or should write raw! I even tried updating the firmware.
This is the reason, I inquired about it here!
Maybe I’ll post and ask what writers people use that copy safedisc2 or any protection for that matter, just to see what works!
Oh and thanx for the input! Max

I had no problem burning my copy of Hitman or the subsequent copies after. I HAD the same model drive you have until it just wouldnt record anymore. I used clone cd and just burnt it with fast error skip. I tried it on a friends (he has the same one) with his copy of hitman and it copied fine also. My question what are using to read the cd with to copy it??
Try using the mistumi as the image creator under clone
or cdrwin

http://clonecd.virtualave.net/hardware.html This site although it is in German is good if the column EFM encoding has a JA in it it copies safedisc 2,(may play only in that recorder but plays just the same).

Originally posted by cloakdoa
I had no problem burning my copy of Hitman or the subsequent copies after. I HAD the same model drive you have until it just wouldnt record anymore. I used clone cd and just burnt it with fast error skip. I tried it on a friends (he has the same one) with his copy of hitman and it copied fine also. My question what are using to read the cd with to copy it??
Try using the mistumi as the image creator under clone
or cdrwin

Thanx cloakdoa, But I all ready tried that!

Originally posted by k9cop
http://clonecd.virtualave.net/hardware.html This site although it is in German is good if the column EFM encoding has a JA in it it copies safedisc 2,(may play only in that recorder but plays just the same).

Thanx for the link it is pretty informative, I wish I could understand german but I got the jist of it! So your tellin me that as my writer is able to deal with EFM encoding it’ll copy SD2! What is this EMF encoding?

ACER: 4432A (Atapi), 6432A (Atapi), 8432A (Atapi), 8432IA (Atapi), 1032A (Atapi), 1208A (Atapi), 1832A (Atapi)

• ARTEC: CDRW-4x4x24 (Atapi, Philips CDD4201), WPA-28 and CDRW-8x4x32 (Atapi, Philips CDD4801)

• FREECOM: 2/2/24

• FUJITSU: Spinbird CD-RW 4x4x24 (Atapi, Philips CDD4201), Spinbird CD-RW 4x4x32 (Atapi, Philips CDD4401),Spinbird CD-RW 8x4x32 (Atapi, Philips CDD8401)

• HP: HP8250i (Atapi, only if it is Philips CDD4201)

• IMATION: CD-R 8x20 (SCSI, Plextor PX-R820)

• IOMEGA: ZipCD 4x650 (Atapi, Philips CDD4201), 8432 (Atapi, Philips CDD8401)

• LIFETEC: LT 9330 (Atapi, Acer CDW-4432A), LT 9340 (Atapi, Philips CDD4401)

• MEDIO: MD 9325 (Atapi, Acer CRW-6432A), MD 9898 CDR and RW 4x4x32 (Atapi, Acer CDW-4432A)

• TEVION: TD9898 CDR and RW 4x4x32 (Atapi, Acer CDW-4432A OEM)

• PHILIPS: CDD4201 (Atapi), CDD4401 (Atapi), CDD4801 (Atapi),PCR404K (Atapi,CDD4401) PCRW804K (Atapi,CDD4801),NEW PCR1208K (Atapi)

• PLEXTOR: PX-R820 (SCSI), PX-W8220 (SCSI) only if TLA=01xx

• TRAXDATA: CDRW4424+ (Atapi, Philips CDD4201), CDRW4432+ (Atapi, Philips CDD4401), CDRW8432+ (Atapi, Philips CDD4801)

• WAITEC: WT2444EI (Atapi, CDD4201), WT3244EI (Atapi, CDD4401), Shuttle (Atapi, CDD4801)

NEW WRITERS

Philips PCR1208K(Atapi)12x write speed
http://www.pcstuff.philips.com/prd/product_list.jsp?Country_Code=PCStuff&category_id=CD%20Rewritables

Acer 1208A(Atapi)12x write speed
Acer 1832A(Atapi)10x write speed
http://www.acercm.com/storage/cdrw_index.html

There are currently four writers that will write all the copyprotections.They will make backups that don’t require patching.Only two can read and write the protections but are out of production now.They are both (scsi) Plextors,The 8/20 and the 8/2/20 (and rebadged)…CAUTION:some of the pre-march '99 8/20’s don’t work.It is best to test before you buy these two Plextors.

Two new writers can WRITE all the protections.They are both Acers.The 1208A and the 1832A are able to write all protections with the new Clone Cd versions.You will need a reader to use with these writers because they cannot read subchannel data.
http://www.acercm.com/storage/cdrw_index.html

IMPORTANT:All rebadged Philips writers can read and write Safedisc and Safedisc 2.Many people experience slow read times.They cannot READ subchannel data needed for Securom and Securom2 etc.MOST of them are fussy about the media you use.For best results use the recommended media or you may have coasters at worst, or slow write speeds due to media.Most of these writers CANNOT write CD&G (karaoke),CD-TEXT or protected Psx.BUYER BEWARE:Many people are not satisfied with these writers after a purchase.Make sure you can return them for a refund or exchange (check this for any writer purchase.)

Writers that make backups that play in source writer only*******

• PLEXTOR 8432

• PLEXTOR 121032a

• PLEXTOR 121032s

• PLEXTOR 12432s

• PLEXTOR 161040

• RICOH 7083a

• RICOH 9120a

This information was compiled for Cdrforum members.Visitors from other sites feel free to use it, but mention where you found it.Thanks.

Much thanks to Phoenix and Cdrtimes for the compilation and use of this writers list.ENJOY!!!

This list will be updated as required.

Be advised that rebadgers are known to change brands of writers.Always check the return policy of the store if you purchase a writer.This list is for information purposes only.We cannot be held responsible for your results according to this list.

Thanx, I’ve saved a copy of this for future reference!

NO problem ,