Frustrated w/ DVDFab

I ussually don’t go off in regards to programs. And I was very happy with DVDFab.

However, I have had several issues with bad burns in the past. That wasn’t as big a deal as what I have been experiencing lately.

I know that this is not a media issue because this happens regardless of media used. And has not/does not happen when using shrink or other programs.

I run Vista w/ a Sony DRX-800ul on a firewire connection. My firmware/drivers are up to date.

Lately DVDfab has either been crashing, and then crashing windows. Or it will keep running but not continue with the burn or importing the file. Like it is hanging. The timers are going, but noting is happening. I have a few disks that will cause this to happen.

Then when I try to cancel the burn it will not respond. When I finally manage to stop it, the program will close. It used to crash windows as well.

When I try to reopen DVDFab, it will not reopen. But when I check Task Manager there will be several incidents of the program running that I can not close.

When I try to restart my computer it will not shutdown via soft keys and will require a hard shutdown using the power button.

The idea is to back up my files, not waste money on worthless formated blank media. Futhermore this can’t be good with all of these hard shutdowns.

I have tried a clean uninstall and reinstall on my computer. I have defragged, and cleaned my reg. I have tried setting it up to run in compatibility mode with Xp. I was hoping that the latest version would work better but that has let me down now as well. It does not seem to crash windows anymore. But the rest of it is making this program unbearable to use.

I very rarely post in such a negative manner, and I usu try to fix things on my own. But this is driving me nuts. I am getting to the point where I will start paying another $10 so that I can dl ipod versions of my movies instead of using this program to convert them and giving up backing up my files…this is way to frustrating and time consuming.

I am also wondering it this persists what the refund policy is for this program.

[QUOTE=Analogic;1931919]I ussually don’t go off in regards to programs. And I was very happy with DVDFab.

However, I have had several issues with bad burns in the past. That wasn’t as big a deal as what I have been experiencing lately.

I know that this is not a media issue because this happens regardless of media used. And has not/does not happen when using shrink or other programs.

I run Vista w/ a Sony DRX-800ul on a firewire connection. My firmware/drivers are up to date.

Lately DVDfab has either been crashing, and then crashing windows. Or it will keep running but not continue with the burn or importing the file. Like it is hanging. The timers are going, but noting is happening. I have a few disks that will cause this to happen.

Then when I try to cancel the burn it will not respond. When I finally manage to stop it, the program will close. It used to crash windows as well.

When I try to reopen DVDFab, it will not reopen. But when I check Task Manager there will be several incidents of the program running that I can not close.

When I try to restart my computer it will not shutdown via soft keys and will require a hard shutdown using the power button.

The idea is to back up my files, not waste money on worthless formated blank media. Futhermore this can’t be good with all of these hard shutdowns.

I have tried a clean uninstall and reinstall on my computer. I have defragged, and cleaned my reg. I have tried setting it up to run in compatibility mode with Xp. I was hoping that the latest version would work better but that has let me down now as well. It does not seem to crash windows anymore. But the rest of it is making this program unbearable to use.

I very rarely post in such a negative manner, and I usu try to fix things on my own. But this is driving me nuts. I am getting to the point where I will start paying another $10 so that I can dl ipod versions of my movies instead of using this program to convert them and giving up backing up my files…this is way to frustrating and time consuming.

I am also wondering it this persists what the refund policy is for this program.[/QUOTE]

Hi Analogic
Sorry you are having so much trouble :frowning:
Stopping a burn after it has started is not good to do I myself have trouble if I do this does no matter what program I’m using the burner itself locks up and is not the program doing the lockup
I to am running Vista some issue that I was having was programs running in the background, also have you checked to makje sure DVDFab is in the DEP exception list on the "Data Execution Prevention Tab
As far as a refund don’t think there is one that is why you are given 30 days to try before you pay for it.

Also have you configured your Firewall for DVDFab

Thanks for the reply.

Yes it is on the DEP exception list and allowed in my firewall settings.

This is an intermittent issue. It is doing it again right now on files that I am trying to burn from my HD.

I am hestitant to continue using this program at this point. I guess I am hosed.

[QUOTE=Analogic;1931945]Thanks for the reply.

Yes it is on the DEP exception list and allowed in my firewall settings.

This is an intermittent issue. It is doing it again right now on files that I am trying to burn from my HD.

I am hestitant to continue using this program at this point. I guess I am hosed.[/QUOTE]

Ther is no problem with the program it is in settings where the problem is either in the program or in your system configuration, I’m busy right now BUT I will send you a PM with a few things to try

Hi Analogic: Welcome to our forum. We have alot of good people here. We will try and get you sorted. Sorry for your problems.

No worries, everyone here has been very helpful, and friendly. Esp the creators of the program. So please don’t get me wrong.

I have mainly been converting files to store on my hard drive and for playback on my mobile devices. So when something goes wrong it is no big deal.

But when I have to throw out 3 DL disks in a row…well I get a bit steamed. My biggest concern now is having to shut my system down like that…repeatedly.

It seems to me that it is an intermittent problem. Some movies work great, some create real problems.

If you could point out something that I have overlooked I would be very appreciative.

Thank you.

Analogic
Is Pathplayer disabled:confused:
Do you have read ahead of cache unchecked:confused:
also Verify disc when finish burn if it checked try unchecking it

can you place the burner internal?

you mean source disc? or writable disc when burning?

i know other burning programs run smooth. can you list as much detail even screen shots of your information from device manager. anything associated with the cd/dvd drive, firewire connection, hard drive, ide channels, lets just get as much information on here as you can. you also say that all your drivers are upto date. uninstall and unhook your dvd drive, uninstall drivers and reinstall everything.

troy

Good catch Troy as always :clap: I missed that :doh:
Firewire as been known to cause issues with DVDFab

Maybe that is the issue. I believe that I can switch the drive to USB.

I will review my into again and post up.

Thanks for the input.

Looks like the issue may have been firewire. It has worked fine the last two attempts using USB.

It is hard to tell though. There are certain discs or files (vob on my HD) that have caused DVDfab to lock up.

Thanks for the input. I will post up my logs if this happens again. It was every attempt for awhile. Which was strange because I didn’t change any of my settings.

Edit:
Ok I tried one of my trouble moives and it stoped again. I saved the crash log. It always happens at the same spot and only when I am trying to covert this movie to use on a mobile device.

[QUOTE=Analogic;1933716]Looks like the issue may have been firewire. It has worked fine the last two attempts using USB.
It is hard to tell though. There are certain discs or files (vob on my HD) that have caused DVDfab to lock up.
Thanks for the input. I will post up my logs if this happens again. It was every attempt for awhile. Which was strange because I didn’t change any of my settings.
Edit:
Ok I tried one of my trouble moives and it stoped again. I saved the crash log. It always happens at the same spot and only when I am trying to covert this movie to use on a mobile device.[/QUOTE]

Hi Analogic
As my friend Troy and I have pointed out using a firewire can and will cause issues :frowning: Glad the USB setup is workingand that part of your problem is fixed
As far as the convert issue goes…Ting the guy that does all the work for the DVD-to-Mobile as opened a thread for members that are having problems in that area of DVDFab just click on the link below and post your problem there and I sure Ting will respond as soon as he can :smiley:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/please-tell-me-problem-when-you-using-dvdfab-mobile-function-230642/

Thank you for the input. It is appreciated. When you burn a few coasters in a row it gets to the point where you might as well have bought 2 copies of your movie…

[QUOTE=Analogic;1934308]Thank you for the input. It is appreciated. When you burn a few coasters in a row it gets to the point where you might as well have bought 2 copies of your movie…[/QUOTE]

Hey I hear you about the coasters :iagree: I have made a few myself :sad: even with media that I use all the time :frowning: by putting it into my BenQ 1655 burner which just don’t like Memorex starts the burn gets 10 to 15% into the burn then spits it out with failed to burn :eek: coaster-ala-mode :sad:

[QUOTE=Analogic;1933716]
Edit:
Ok I tried one of my trouble moives and it stoped again. I saved the crash log. It always happens at the same spot and only when I am trying to covert this movie to use on a mobile device.[/QUOTE]

must be a trouble movie. it does happen. just this one or two disc will not work for one user but other members backed up with no trouble.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/1934609-post12.html

troy

I’ll take internal for $200 Alex…

Did I ever mention that this is a prime example of
why I steer clear of firewire external burners/////

Edit:
Ok I tried one of my trouble moives and it stoped again. I saved the crash log. It always happens at the same spot and only when I am trying to covert this movie to use on a mobile device.

what movie is doing this? using a movie that will back up to hard drive but not mobile conversion, back up to hard drive then do the conversion. if this works or does not work let us know.

troy

For my 2 cents worth, use ImgBurn. I never use the burn feature of DVDFab (at least not anymore, as I have had both sucess and failures). I rip to hard drive to ISO and then que them up to burn with imgburn. 100% sucess rate (so Far)

[quote=dentonDVD521;1935407]For my 2 cents worth, use ImgBurn. I never use the burn feature of DVDFab (at least not anymore, as I have had both sucess and failures). I rip to hard drive to ISO and then que them up to burn with imgburn. 100% sucess rate (so Far)[/quote]The OP is trying to convert to MPEG-4.

I think that I may just need to resurrect one of my XP machines and use this Vista monster for surfing the internet and buying crap on Ebay that I don’t need.