Frozen throne

vbimport

#1

Hey guys any idea how to copy this thing! I own blindwrite and clonecd and i just bought frozen throne!

I tried but i failed miserable!


#2

Yeah me too. I made a ccd image of it and an mds image. When I use the bwa builder to get make a bwa file from the mds I get a terrible graph with spike all over the place. I also got a bwa file off the net somewhere (the german site mentioned here). I tried using twinpeaks with all the bwa files and none of the images created worked. :frowning: atm I’m using my mds image to play. But I’d really like a working CD copy. :slight_smile:

Weshy.


#3

Okay Okay something very interesting. When I try to run the image I patched using alcohol’s virtual drives it did not work. BUT when I tried burning onto a CDRW it worked beautifully very fast recognition and all was sweet. :smiley:

I’ll try it on my laprop drive and see if it likes the copy. If it does then I’ll burn the copy to a CDR and see if that works. But it looks promising…

Weshy.


#4

Originally posted by Weshy
Okay Okay something very interesting. When I try to run the image I patched using alcohol’s virtual drives it did not work. BUT when I tried burning onto a CDRW it worked beautifully very fast recognition and all was sweet. :smiley:

It just sounds like alcohol/daemon tools virtual drives have been blacklisted (yet again :rolleyes: ) but that nothing at all has been done about twinpeak patching (nor I suspect RMPS emulation).

Could you please check and post the precise securom version # so that alcohol’s/daemon tools’ developers can be informed of any new blacklisting and update their programs as necessary? :slight_smile:


#5

Damn Damn!!

No go with the Laptop DVD/CDRW Drive. :frowning: It just sits there trying to read the CD…oh wait success…after 2 minutes trying to read the CD:Z. I had to use another CD to install (without twinpeaks on it). But well the copy works on that drive (whatever comes in the Toshiba Satellite 5100 series…I think it’s some Matsushita drive). Also works on a Lite-on 48246S and JLMS-165H. Will test it on a few pioneer drives tonight.

Weshy.


#6

Originally posted by philamber
[B]
It just sounds like alcohol/daemon tools virtual drives have been blacklisted (yet again :rolleyes: ) but that nothing at all has been done about twinpeak patching (nor I suspect RMPS emulation).

Could you please check and post the precise securom version # so that alcohol’s/daemon tools’ developers can be informed of any new blacklisting and update their programs as necessary? :slight_smile: [/B]

See the thing with the whole blacklisted deal is this. The mdf/mds image I created using the securom new (v4.x) profile works 100% ok when mounted. But the CCD patched image does not. RMPS emulation is not running.

Securom version is v4.84.81.8218

according to ClonyXXL.

Weshy.

PS: Worked on a Pioneer 16x Tray drive, would not install off the twinpeaks disc. WOold run ok although first time it started the game took a really long time to read. 2nd time around was faster.

PPS: The game loads up very fast on the 2 lite-ons. As fast as the original (although it feels faster lol).


#7

I got it guys i made a copy using the blindwrite(BWA)+ twinpeak+clonecd method!

Created a BWA file at 1x speed (damn it takes forever lol) then i made an image using clonecd and securom profile then i used twinpeaks to patch then burn with clone at 8x works like a charm!

Thanks again for these beautiful forums!


#8

WarCraft III “Frozen Throne” “Success before and after update” (game v.1.07) SecuRom 4.84.76 (before update) (game v.1.10) 4.84.81.8218 (after update)
BlindWrite Suite 4.5.2
Reader: Lite-On 163D DVD “Max Read Speed”
Writer/BWA maker: Lite-On 48125W “BWA made at 4X/write speed set at max”
Authorize use of alternative read method: unchecked
Extract Subcodes: unchecked
AutoPlay support: unchecked
Enhance weak sectors:unchecked
Copy plays in all of my cd-roms and dvd-rom which consist of an asus 52X, lite-on 52X, kenwood 72X and a lite-on 163D DVD.

Update: Used my Sony DRU-500A to burn the image this time, but I had to use different settings.
AutoPlay support:enabled
Enhance Weak Sectors:enabled
I had to use the autoplay standalone in the computer I tried to use my back-up disk in but it worked…


#9

Here’s how I made a working copy of Frozen Throne with only Blindwrite and BWA builder. This is with the latest version 4.5.2.43.

  1. First I read image from CD to HDD, click dump the image of CD-ROM.
  2. Next section I just checked Extract Subcodes (I used my CD-reader Sony CDU5211). I used default CD image name THEFROZENTHRONE.BWT.
  3. Next section choose Nibble mode, checked adapt speed. 1x min speed Max for maximum speed. After thats done it should ask you to make a BWA file click yes.
  4. I left max sectors at 300000, read speed at 8x. When asked automatic set last sector I chose yes. Takes about 3 to 4 minutes for me. After its done it should ask you to save the file, if not save the file with the same exact file name as your CD image. THEFROZENTHRONE.BWA for me.
  5. Launch Blindwrite Start CD writing wizard. Select your CD-writer then your image file THEFROZENTHRONE.BWT.
  6. I skipped CD Image Verification section. Choose DAO Pw write mode. I wrote the image at highest speed on my Plextor 4012A.

I first wrote on a CD-RW to test it and it worked then used a regular CD-R, works great. Hope this helps good luck. :slight_smile:


#10

Did these copies worked without blindwrite emulation?

I tried to do it on my LG 52x and didnt worked.


#11

i have made a working backup with my Asus 52x Cdrw…the drive created a nice GRAPH…so all i had checked was AUTOPLAY and bing bang boom a working backup thanks to blindwrite and AUTOPLAY…also i burnt the game at 12x…alternative read and subchannel data options were unchecked!!!


#12

Originally posted by joebroni
[B]Here’s how I made a working copy of Frozen Throne with only Blindwrite and BWA builder. This is with the latest version 4.5.2.43.

  1. First I read image from CD to HDD, click dump the image of CD-ROM.
  2. Next section I just checked Extract Subcodes (I used my CD-reader Sony CDU5211). I used default CD image name THEFROZENTHRONE.BWT.
  3. Next section choose Nibble mode, checked adapt speed. 1x min speed Max for maximum speed. After thats done it should ask you to make a BWA file click yes.
  4. I left max sectors at 300000, read speed at 8x. When asked automatic set last sector I chose yes. Takes about 3 to 4 minutes for me. After its done it should ask you to save the file, if not save the file with the same exact file name as your CD image. THEFROZENTHRONE.BWA for me.
  5. Launch Blindwrite Start CD writing wizard. Select your CD-writer then your image file THEFROZENTHRONE.BWT.
  6. I skipped CD Image Verification section. Choose DAO Pw write mode. I wrote the image at highest speed on my Plextor 4012A.

I first wrote on a CD-RW to test it and it worked then used a regular CD-R, works great. Hope this helps good luck. :slight_smile: [/B]

Does that version of Blindwrite use the .bwa file? Thought only 4.25 uses the BWA but the later versions simply ignore it :confused:


#13

Does that version of Blindwrite use the .bwa file? Thought only 4.25 uses the BWA but the later versions simply ignore it

All version of securom 4.8 and above will need a BWA file, and yes Blindwrite uses the BWA file if it’s needed.


#14

So why do so many people speak about using the 4.25 version of blindwrite to check this “Use BWA File if possible” checkbox?


#15

Well, some people think (or thought) that the lack of this option would mean Blindwrite wouldn’t use the BWA file anymore. But let me assure you, it DOES!

If a BWA file with the same name as the image is found, Blindwrite will use it, period. What you should know is, if Autoplay is disabled, the BWA data will be implemented in the disc using twinpeak method, if Autoplay is enabled, emulation info will be written to the disc, which means that most likely Blindwrite (or the autoplay filter) needs to be installed in order to use that disc.


#16

nice thing to know :slight_smile:
So with Autoplay enabled, you don’t need the .bwa file but you will need to have Blindwrite (or the autoplay filter) running to make the game run, right?
So in that case Blindwrite works the same way as Alcohol 120% with it’s SecuRom emulation?
Thanks for all the slight off-topic information :smiley:


#17

you need the bwa file in any case! else bw wouldn’t know what to emulate :wink:


#18

autoplay all the way


#19

So with Alcohol you couldn’t even make an emulation copy of a Securom 4.8 disc? But of a SecuRom new disc?


#20

I used one of the methods described above to make a backup, but it only works in the CDRW I created it in. It won’t work in my other computer that doesn’t have a CDRW drive in it.

Any ideas?