Frozen Recorder?

I have a LVW-5005. I’ve had it for 2 years without problems. Last night I made a timer recording from 10:30 PM to 1 AM, (2 and a half hours in SLP mode).This morning, when I woke up, the clock on the display showed it was recording, but it was stuck at 2:19. I tried pressing stop, pause and play, but it didn’t work, until I pressed the Power button. When I turned it on again, the recording wasn’t shown in the menu, but I was able to recover it with the computer. What could’ve happened?

Thanks in advance.

PD: Today I made a half hour recording without any problem.

I’m thinking it maybe has something to do with overheating, I’ve made many shorter recordings since the freezing without problems.

Another problem I’m having is that I have to press 2 or 3 times the eject button before the tray will open.

Two years with no problems LUCKY YOU. What is you firmware and media?
Overheating could be a problem if the back area is not open to air.
I added heatsinks to mine.

Last night I made another 2 and a half hour recording. This morning I checked how the recording went, and the disc I used turned out to be unreadable. Strange, since it was a disc I had used to make a 4 hour recording before.
How do I know if overheating is the culprit?
And any ideas on the tray problem?
Thanks in advance.

Next test: One hour recording in EP mode, no problems. This is getting very strange.

Something I forgot to add in my previous post: When I checked the Timer list of recordings, the one that gave me the unreadable disc was marked as “OK”, so I should assume the problem was the disc itself?