Front Page Favicon

How about a cool Favicon for the front page guys? Alot of other hardware sites have favicons and they look great in your bookmarks. Favicons and website descriptions are a must IMO for a bookmark. It just makes it look sexier :).

You guys already have the description so a favicon would make a nice touch. I’m so picky that sometimes i dont even add a site to my bookmark list if it doesn’t have a favicon cause it throws off the rest of my list lol.

Thanks guys!

How about this one?

Why do favicons never last? They dissapear by themselves!

They tend to do that when you clean/purge your cache contents

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
How about this one?

Yea that looks alright. Looking forward to checking it out when you guys get done :). I’ve been contacting my favorite hardware sites trying to get all the ones that dont have favicons to make one lol.

No favicon yet guys? Hope to see your icon soon G@M3FR3@K :slight_smile: .

Posted the image in the root of the site and renamed it to favicon.ico but it doesn’t seem to work. Any suggestions? (The picture is 16x16 as required)

<head>
<link rel=“SHORTCUT ICON” href=“http://www.mydomain.com/favicon.ico”>
</head>

More info

The image I attached is a GIF image and the image has to be a true ICO file. I have the original BMP file but I don’t really know how to properly convert it to ICO. I’ve tried with Paint Shop Pro 8 but that doesn’t work, the image colours get screwed up. Any ideas on that people? Thanks!

Icon Editor (Freeware of course)

The icon shows up for me in Firefox but not in IE. IE = dumb.

Since I’m so nice I’ve converted the Gif to an Ico myself :slight_smile:

Here you go
link

Fixed!

Thanks to everyone who helped out…

How about using it for the forum aswell?

Originally posted by Airhead
How about using it for the forum aswell?

I think the forum icon is ok. Most forums have the actual icons that go with them, especially vBulletin.

Anyways looks great guys :). Shows up fine for me in firefox.

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
How about this one?

Is this the Icon for this WebSite?
I keep getting a Yellow background with a weird “V” shape:confused:
see below:

Originally posted by Airhead
Why do favicons never last? They dissapear by themselves!

Not mine, not ever since I did this:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74336&highlight=icons+disappearing