From Tokyo

vbimport

A friend of mine will be heading back home from Tokyo in a few weeks. He called me that he is going to Akihabara (electronic city) and asked me if I wanted something “Made in Japan”. I told him that I have everything I need here (well except an Ipod, 19" LCD, 4GB CF card, 2GB SD card, GSA1463, 300GB HDD etc). :bigsmile:

Last year he bought an ibm laptop S series, smaller than X series here in the US but I don’t like it since it’s too small for me, I don’t understand the letters on the keyboard and everywhere (japanese), warranty issue, and too expensive. :smiley:

If you were me, what gears possibly you want from tokyo that is not available in your country, for say 500 USD max?

A geisha Girl… :stuck_out_tongue:

Well that’s not Made in Japan but “born in Japan” lol.

500 USD…hmmm … maybe i want a couple of Tokyo Marui air compressed sniper rifles…:D:D
throw in a night vision scope also…

LG GSA 4163B, still not available in Holland. :a :frowning: :a

4GB CF you have already?? It’s so expensive in South Korea.

You must have meant GSA-4163B. (Not 1463.) :slight_smile:

Akihabara is just a tiny part of Toyo metropolitan area in front of the Akihabara Station like Yongsan in front of the Yongsan Station in Seoul. A lot of buildings and streets and roads inside them.

Kakaku.com and Impress.co.jp may be of some help.

Hm. If it were me, ND-3520A first of all. GSA-4163B. PX-716A. PX-712SA. SD-R5372. TS-H552A.

And hundreds of types of media including all available 16x DVD media and 3x to 5x DVD-RAM and Blu-ray media.

Sony PlayStation Personal (PSP) (no idea what it costs, but it sure looks nice!)

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

Nintendo DS, NEC 3520 IODATA Drive with Autobitrsetting on SL and DL DVD+R to DVD-ROM (NEC Retail or any other sold in Japan will not do that…) , LG GSA-4163B IODATA with auto bitsetting of DVD+R DL (Not on SL) to DVD-ROM , Lots of DVD and CD Blanks, Videocamcorder, PSP or anything else you wold like…lol

Hmmm I think I would go broke visiting Japan. :smiley:

Why do everybody want an LG? More to the point, what is so great about that specific GSA-[lotsofnumbers] model?

See the LG forum. :wink: PCAV 16x instead of 16x CAV means that it kicks butt in speed.

It also can burn on all available DVD blanks which is also a PLUS.

Nintendo DS is available in the US for US$149 or less. Sony PSP, NEC 3520, LG 4163 not yet, couldn’t fine any. Anyone knows the prices for them?

NEC and LG… hm… I might get them both just to make Kenshin :sad:
That “IODATA” is the brand my friend should look? and how to tell from the box? Does the box says IODATA with somekind of “NEC 3520” or “LG GSA-4163B” on it?

No I don’t have that. I wrote: I have everything…, except

http://www.iodata.jp/prod/storage/dvd/2004/dvr-abh16a/index.htm
Link for the Lg dubbed DVR-ABH16A by IODATA about 16000Yen (should go on sale any time now…)

http://www.iodata.jp/prod/storage/dvd/2004/dvr-abn16a/index.htm
Link for the NEC dubbed DVR-ABN16A by IODATA about 15000Yen

eek… 16000Yen ~ USD160. I found in the LG forum for $79+shipping.
Thanks folks for the inputs. Any other cool gadgets?

A Toshiba TS-H552A, some Sony, TDK & Maxell 16x DVD-R…

Hm. If your friend have some time and don’t get bored from shopping for computer hardware items easily, better visit some large and good hardware offline shops like Faith, PC Success, etc. and find the best deals for several items on site.