From the Tages website

vbimport

Read here:

http://www.tagesprotection.com/main.htm?page=hackers.htm

Our commitment to offer 100% resistance to 1:1 copy is more than ever confirmed. To make it definitely clear to everyone, an already implemented version of TAGESâ„¢, with a slight modification of one API, clearly repels copies right from the beginning, making the Spath method void whatever the improvement he may wish to add.

The Spath method is incomplete and already a thing of the past.

I wonder if these statements are true :cool:

Ehh, even if they are, like all else, and every other copy protection encountered at one point in time or other, it will eventually have a workaround.

My guess is that maybe by the end of the year someone will even throw a GUI shell over Spath or Jackass tool’s and have a nice interface making it not only easy to use but one of the best revolutions ever.

The new Tages workaround will too be worked around.

XIII 1.1 Stops Spath’s method.

Our commitment to offer 100% resistance to 1:1 copy is more than ever confirmed. To make it definitely clear to everyone, an already implemented version of TAGESâ„¢, with a slight modification of one API, clearly repels copies right from the beginning, making the Spath method void whatever the improvement he may wish to add.

Wow… excellent assumption of Tages…

Let’s analyse this…

Our commitment to offer 100% resistance to 1:1 copy is more than ever confirmed.

Confirmed ? The only thing that’s confirmed is that the resistance boundary is NOT 100% anymore. It’s not perfect (and might never be perfect) , but it sure isn’t 100%.

Sure , 1:1 copies are not possible , but is that the goal here ? What if the goal is to make a 75% copy which removes all Tages checks ?

The Tages commitment is 100% true , but it’s a worthless commitment if Tages protected cd-roms are still copyable and running.

To make it definitely clear to everyone, an already implemented version of TAGESâ„¢, with a slight modification of one API, clearly repels copies right from the beginning,

So … despite the assumption there’s nothing to be worried about (since Tages already “confirmed” that there is still 100% resistance) , Tages actually DID modify an API to be “more 100% resistant” :confused: :confused:

Questions :

• What does this new API do ? Blacklist ? Circumvent ? Bypass ? Block ? Install weird drivers/tools/registry entries ?
  • Why do Tages only points to the “Spath method” and not the no-cd cracks that have been flying around for almost a decade ?
  • If there is nothing to worry about for Tages , why then still modify things (which were already implemented ?)

What’s next ? 150% resistance ?

I suspect Spath has lost interest in Tages a long time ago - just wanted to show them that their copy protection can be easily bypassed with a few days work. I wouldnt expect him spending another minute on it - maybe someone else will continue from where he left it.

It does just go to show that what the copy protection sites say is jack.

This is undoubtedly correct as spath has never regarded Tages as being a particularly effective protection. He demonstrated that it could be defeated and hasn’t bothered with it since.

As for the update patch of XIII, it was released within a week or two of spath publishing his method and, so as I can tell, it had no real purpose other than to make a copy made with spath’s method unusable if, that is, you were silly enough to install the update.

This is not to say though that if spath bothered to spend a few days on it that he couldn’t produce a working copy even after the update patch is applied. I have little doubt that he could.

Well…somebody inform him there has been an update so he can get cracking…

I’m sure he’s well aware that there has been an update but, as stated by both Hemispasm and me above, spath simply isn’t interested in spending any more time on it, at least for the time being.

Spath set out to prove a point and DID. He also shut down any Tages spokesperson (Tanith is the only one made present here thus far) from mouthing off too much about an unbreakable new product… Pat on the back to Spath I say.

Further, his tools were made public, with a nice little guide, and an article and full explaination of the Tages workings, as was his source code, & now every burning software distributor has easy access to implement the blueprint of this copy scheme and defeat Tages with minor modifications if ever need be.

I can tell you now that in the long run, Spath caused Tages more problems than praise and for that I praise Spath.

Yes, here here. It was Spath’s intention only to prove that the “uncopiable” Tages is infact copiable.

Yeah, Spath is god, but its useless now, i mean without an udpate.
And i mean, those tools, they look pretty hard to use, he could of at least thrown in a GUI or something like that.

Well I hope Spath will do us a favor and create a nice easy to use (was GUI already mentioned) tool which will work on all versions.

I mean: he started this “fight” let him finish it (I’m sure he can :stuck_out_tongue: ).

/me wonders when the intellectual property lawsuits will kick in … :rolleyes:

cannot spath do starforce 3 and i will bring the pony’s to help :stuck_out_tongue: :o :confused: :frowning: :bigsmile: :eek: :rolleyes: