From all the cpu's , i hated the

Z80

Zilog 80, sounds like some old russian copy of something… Is it? :slight_smile:
I’ve used a Commodore64 but I don’t know what proc it had…

Originally posted by Airhead

Awwww … too much technical mumbo-jumbo for ya ? :bigsmile:

“The Zilog Z-80, designed by former Intel employees, was essentially an 8080 clone with 80 additional instructions. It came out in July 1976. The Z-80 ran at speeds from 2.5-10 MHz.”

Originally posted by xtacydima
“The Z-80 ran at speeds from 2.5-10 MHz.”

Wicked speeds mon! I bet with a nice HSF you could do at least 15! :bigsmile:

Wicked speeds mon! I bet with a nice HSF you could do at least 15! :bigsmile:

LOL

The C64 cpu did only 1Mhz :wink:

I think I never hated any CPU… all CPUs I ever bought worked just like they should (although the FPU of the AMD K6-2/3 sucked)…

I think I’ll choose that the Celeron sucks, as it’s just Mhzs but no performance…

Originally posted by Dee-ehn
I think I’ll choose that the Celeron sucks, as it’s just Mhzs but no performance…

Amen!

I agree, no CPU was really bad, each was meant accordingly for its purpose in its time.

Although if I had to choose, I too would select the Celeron, it’s just a low end alternative for the avergae user of e-mail, word processing, ineternet, and research. I feel people are more computer literate nowadays and the need for power surpasses what the Celeron can offer to even the average user today.

I choose Celeron, because except from 8086 and K6 nothing rings a bell. :bigsmile:

About time someone finally said it :smiley:

Personally, I think all of those were an attempt to advance computing…the Celeron was just…well…a celeron. :frowning:

If memory serves me correct, it used a slightly beefed up 6502 (and had one of the worst versions of BASIC ever produced:p )

I have chosen the Celeron because of the sheer lazyness of Intel not trying to optimize the specs.

But my most hated processor has to be the Cyrix range. Bad FPU, bad performance and crap at overclocking.

The Intel Celery chip
and the cryix

Celeron and Cyrix are my most hated things…

Intel Celery chip just like the the vegetable it had not real substance to run on

You can’t bash the Z-80 - I’m sure I read somewhere that it’s still used in embedded appliances like washing machined. The Sinclair ZX series rocked in its day!

The Z80 is the most cheapest processor aound and has found it way into practically every type of appliance you can think of.