Fried Toshiba Ext HD

vbimport

Jolly Festive season to all you CD Freaks!!!:clap:
My jollifications suddenly came to an end when I put my laptop power cable into the input on my TOSHIBA External hard drive - 320GB model PX12234U-3G32 :doh: (similar is for sale at the following site: http://www.morecomputers.com/ProductReviews.asp?pn=PX1223U-3G32 )
So now when I put the correct cable in, all I get is the power light alternate red/blue.
I have searched on the net for similar problems of which there are a few, all remedies point to replacing the pcb on the duff Toshiba!
I am confident to do it as I’ve built a few PC’s. I need the correct type of PCB, any ideas and where I’d get one from in UK?
Finally I :bow: to your wealth of knowledge and can someone kindly give me a rundown of procedure to replace the pcb… or should I try and connect to pc directly?
Thanks Guys hey here’s a :flower: to all who read this :wink: CHEERS
CompSavyFemale

Hello again
In this past hour I threw caution to the wind and opened the case, the HDD is: Western Digital WD3200AAJS -00VW40 serial ATA
the pcb is: RU S84VO E170968 WZ-7 BD X 936 0E0 S/N 0006A68C

Again what would you suggest I do? Replace the PCB?
Thank you for taking the time to read these messages :flower::flower: roses to you all!!!
CompSavyFemale

Hi and Welcome!

it is not impossible that you have “only” killed the enclosure’s PCB.
Is there any way to try the naked HDD internally in a desktop computer?
If that test is successful, you only need an empty enclosure for Sata HDDs, which are rather inexpensive today.

Michael