Friday

Interesting items with amazing prices @ todays Fry’s Electronics sale.

Not trying to be a burster of bubbles, but Airlink is generally reported as crap and the Corsair deal is not exactly a door-buster.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145184

Fry’s has had some great memory deals lately and occasionally they offer D-link products (on rebate) that beat just about everyone.
If someone is in need of a dirt-cheap dial-up connection Fry’s has it and I believe that they have the continental US covered.
I set up a friend on a limited income (in MA) with basic and it’s been great for her at $5.99 a month!
With no software to load, it’s suprisingly quick.
http://shop1.frys.com/isp/index.html

[QUOTE=jflan;2077040]Not trying to be a burster of bubbles, but Airlink is generally reported as crap…[/QUOTE]

Lots of geeks like the Airlink because it’s cheap and you can load DD-WRT on it, turning it into a good router. For that price, it’s the next best thing to a Buffalo or Linksys.

[QUOTE=negritude;2077055]Lots of geeks like the Airlink because it’s cheap and you can load DD-WRT on it, turning it into a good router. For that price, it’s the next best thing to a Buffalo or Linksys.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. It’s a bit of a pain getting the DD-WRT loaded the first time, but for $14.99 and an hour or so of your time, you get a first rate wireless router.

[QUOTE=negritude;2077055]Lots of geeks like the Airlink because it’s cheap and you can load DD-WRT on it, turning it into a good router. For that price, it’s the next best thing to a Buffalo or Linksys.[/QUOTE]
Thanks negritude, I stand corrected.

converted to DD-WRT firmware, still crappy. Buffalo is much better with DD-WRT

[QUOTE=ghetocowboy;2077848]converted to DD-WRT firmware, still crappy. Buffalo is much better with DD-WRT[/QUOTE]

I have to disagree strongly. I bought one of these 3 months ago, converted it to DD-WRT, and installed it for my neighbor. Except for one power failure, it hasn’t even been rebooted in that 3 months, and my neighbor is completely satisified.

I agree for the price of $14.99 this is excellent choice for mid range router.