French FORUM ! France's not dead :)

Why don’t you create a french forum ? I’m sure there are lot of french guys on your wonderful network.
Please create it :slight_smile:
I can help you if you want for this forum.
I think it’s not a bad idea…
All technical words are not understanded by me (and my bad english :).

Thanks a lot for all your help :slight_smile:

I’ve had a look into some french forums, and I don’t believe that you can’t understand technical words: They seem to be the same as in english (and german). Verbs just get an -er…

See it as a possibility to learn some new words!

I didn’t find other forums like this one, so exhaustive. Then, you reject this idea ? what is the reason ? france is no so far than germany :))

We’ve had the discussion some time ago…and decided not to add a french forum.
Of course it’s up to DoM / MP3 to decide this.

German is not so far and Italy too :slight_smile: There are less people lives in italy :wink: PLEASE :wink:

If you had used the searched, you would have found out the reasons why there isn’t a French forum yet. Dutch and Italians have made the site during the beginnig, the most original visitors live in these countries. English is an obvious language for a forum. German was added recently. Germans have very good knowledge about computers and stuff, so that is why the management decided to add a German forum. It isn’t very succesfull, but this could change. I don’t think another forum will be added easily. Just read the English forum, like most of us do. I also didn’t understand every single word and I sometimes still do, but you will learn fast.

Germans have very good knowledge about computers and stuff, so that is why the management decided to add a German forum.

We are not so bad in computering … but i think you have good reasons not to create a french forum.

First of all, dansmug isn’t in the management, so don’t mind what he says :wink:

I see no problem in adding a French forum, IF you get a lot of French people to post there. If you get me about 50 french people that would like a French Forum, count us in !

I feel that certainly French people could have a forum, but I doubt if it will be widely used (the German Forum is not used very much) and we need a good moderator. So call your friends and let them post here for a French forum and we’ll add one !

If you get me about 50 french people
or people who want to write in french for whatever reason…

Originally posted by DoMiN8ToR
First of all, dansmug isn’t in the management, so don’t mind what he says :wink:

I picked all of it up from things you posted :wink:

I would post in a French forum, would be a nice exercise :slight_smile:

Originally posted by dansmug

II would post in a French forum, would be a nice exercise :slight_smile:

I’d love to see you try posting in French too :wink:

The next step would be to have a greek forum also and have you post there too :bigsmile:

Count me in for a french forum.
I think it would be easy to find 50 people willing to speak/write in french , but the point is : will it be used ?
There are some french forums talking about cd, burning,CloneCD and I’m convinced that french people use them first.
A french forum on Cdfreaks would be a tiny tiny island.
If you were thinking that on cdfreaks you would have a greater audience than in a french forum, this will not be true anymore in a french cdfreaks forum with only a few visitors.

This is indeed a problem:

magnet, if you had posted your SafeDisc 2 problem into a french forum, then how many people would have answered?

You can also count me for a french forum, but more for reading than writing…

Well i understand french and can write french to some extend, if that would be of some help (it’s been a few years since i got the diploma but hey the knowledge should be somewhere in my head :wink: ).

I don’t think though that a french forum would attract the necessary users to make it successful, but that’s up to Domi to decide :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Hemispasm
Well i understand french and can write french to some extend, if that would be of some help (it’s been a few years since i got the diploma but hey the knowledge should be somewhere in my head :wink: ).

I have studied French for more than 8 years :slight_smile: Always nice to life in a country with more than one official language :wink: Not that this has anything to do with the thread, but it is always nice to let people know how smart you are. :bigsmile:

Originally posted by gowap
A french forum on Cdfreaks would be a tiny tiny island.

You think that it would be a tiny island? How about a Russian forum? It would consist of me and…I and myself! Now, thats three people. I think we should start considering… :slight_smile:

Can we start an australian forum too ?:wink:

Originally posted by Huzzy
Can we start an australian forum too ?:wink:

They wouldn’t even start a Belgian forum, can you imagine :wink:

We get rid of ALL the “language” forums by using the universal language.

The Esparanto forum !!

Problem solved… next problem please …

my friend from kazakstan is one of 4 people in there whole country who have PCs…so on his behalf i’d like to propose a forum for kazakstanian.

its only fair…you can list it right below the belgian forum…
:slight_smile: