Freezing/Pausing Issues

Hello Fellow/Lady Forum Members,

Is anyone else having occasional freezing picture/pausing issues??? I only burn dvd to dvd, pathplayer always enabled and all the standard settings. When writing, I use the VSO burning engine at the recommended write speed, usually in the dvd 5 setting @ 4300 MB. I’m using Verbatim DVD +R media. Am I to assume that this is writing issue??? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for your help in advance, all!

rack85

You might want to use IMGBURN as your burning software, it is one of the best ones out there (and its FREE)… there have been some problems with the use of VSO.
Another thing, make sure there are no other applications running (open internet pages, even anti-virus programs) while making a burn. I even shut down my network connection so no software trys to update during the burn.
Check your burn speed, with 16x disks I would not burn faster than 8X. Check your burned disk for even color across the burned area… it should look even. You might want to use a can of compressed air to blow any dust off the disk before you insert it into the burner. Hope this helps.

Thank you for your suggestions, EEngineer! I always use DVDFab while not connected to the internet, but, I’ve always had my antivirus software running w/o any problems in the past. I will definitely adjust my burn speed down to 8x, as I’ve been using the “recommended” setting. I will also try switching out my burn engines as well. IMGBURN has worked for me in the past, so why not!

Many thanks, EEngineer!

rack85

Hi rack85

I agree with EEngineer about using ImgBurn as the burn engine you’ll find a good guide below in my signature called “Settings” for setting up ImgBurn to work with DVDFab, :wink:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2479323]Hi rack85

I agree with EEngineer about using ImgBurn as the burn engine you’ll find a good guide below in my signature called “Settings” for setting up ImgBurn to work with DVDFab, ;)[/QUOTE]

Excuse me StormJumper do you have a URL on where to get this ImgBurn, everything I have clicked on keeps taking me in circles. So After I get done with installing it, I need to read your instructions on setting it up. Also I read someone said we need to shutdown our virus protection ok. I have noticed some of the one’s I have done are freezing/pausing. I was just watching one I did awhile back and in the middle of the movie it went to the main menu, and didnt finish the whole movie.

[QUOTE=Brockisit;2486732]Excuse me StormJumper do you have a URL on where to get this ImgBurn, everything I have clicked on keeps taking me in circles.[/QUOTE]

Get it from the official ImgBurn website.

Here’s a link to the download page.

[B]Wombler[/B]