Freezing of computer

using fab platinum and after about 5 minutes my computer freezes when tryn to copy movie what is the problem

What are your computer specifications? What mode are you using in FAB? Does it give an error or just freeze up? How long do you wait when it freezes up?

its an oem gamoing computer i have the new version of fab and i have waited over an hour for it to unfreeze the movie im tryn to copy is my moms new boyfriend and bangkok dangerous

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Does it happen during the ripping or burning part of the task?

Either way, have you checked your CPU temps and/or cleaned your PC’s insides of any dust-bunnies?

[QUOTE=Arachne;2194734]Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Does it happen during the ripping or burning part of the task?

Either way, have you checked your CPU temps and/or cleaned your PC’s insides of any dust-bunnies?[/QUOTE]

Always good advice for any computer owner.

Another possibility is a conflict with other software you may have installed…and that is going to be hard to isolate.

Especially suspect are any program ‘add-ons’ that you may have loaded for un-related (un-related to DVDFab, that is) software. 3rd party authors rarely pay attention to the finer points of software inter-action, and as a result, these add-ons can cause problems across your system (such as the freeze situation your have with Fab).

Something else to check.

O’C

:slight_smile:

P.S. I’ve also noted your comment that your computer is an ‘oem gamoing’ machine…

Is that a typo on your part and maybe should read an ‘oem gaming’ machine?

If so, I think I know the source of your problem.

O’C

:slight_smile:

[quote=O’Canada;2194840]If so, I think I know the source of your problem.

O’C

:)[/quote]
Yeah me too…fingers are still asleep :bigsmile:

ty it is a new machine and i am using verbatim media all the other movies copy just fine ty for all your help