Freezing mouse

vbimport

I usually run chess in my computer, as you know it uses 100% of cpu. but sometimes when I run chess a problem happens. my mouse freezes while moving and then begin to move.

Is a hardware problem or a virus?

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Do you have a USB mouse? I’m guessing that 100% CPU use could be the problem…

Another welcome :bigsmile:

What is “chess”? Is it a game?

[QUOTE=miracle1234;2636570]…as you know it uses 100% of cpu[/QUOTE]

It seems not normal at all to me that a software uses 100% CPU unless it requires a very intensive CPU work like it happen in video encoding.

Can you provide more details about your hardware? What CPU, RAM, mainboard, video card and so on :slight_smile:

What operative system do you use?

Also what chess program do you use?

[B]Wombler[/B]

It doesn’t sound right unless you have a very old computer with little Memory, like 256Mb or less. Your Mouse should not Freeze, but we do need more details on your computer. :cool:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2636584]Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Do you have a USB mouse? I’m guessing that 100% CPU use could be the problem…[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is USB mouse and notebook.

[QUOTE=geno888;2636591]Another welcome :bigsmile:

What is “chess”? Is it a game?

It seems not normal at all to me that a software uses 100% CPU unless it requires a very intensive CPU work like it happen in video encoding.

Can you provide more details about your hardware? What CPU, RAM, mainboard, video card and so on :slight_smile:

What operative system do you use?[/QUOTE]

It is t core2duo cpu. It’s a VAIO sony notebook with 2 Gigbytes ram, 128 MB intell video card I don’t know more imformation.

[QUOTE=Wombler;2636593]Also what chess program do you use?

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

most of the times, stockfish 2.2 cause it.

[QUOTE=alchav21;2636824]It doesn’t sound right unless you have a very old computer with little Memory, like 256Mb or less. Your Mouse should not Freeze, but we do need more details on your computer. :cool:[/QUOTE]

No it has 2 GigaBytes of ram.

Maybe your hardware is too outdated to run flawlessly that game. Maybe increasing RAM can improve performance, but I’m not sure.

Do you get the CPU100% issue even when using the touchpad (i.e. removing at all the mouse)?

[QUOTE=miracle1234;2637457]most of the times, stockfish 2.2 cause it.[/QUOTE]

Stockfish is known to be very processor intensive but it’s programmed to make full use of all processor cores.

Are there any options in whatever GUI you’re using to reduce the processor priority?

If not you could perhaps try a different GUI and maybe even a different engine as well.

Arena and Tarrasch chess GUI’s are both freeware if you’re wanting to experiment.

I know Arena definitely has settings to allow you to adjust the processor priority but I’m not sure about Tarrasch. Arena seems more advanced to me in any case so if I were you I’d be inclined to try that one first.

Critter is a highly rated UCI chess engine with an ELO rating very similar to Stockfish and it’s available for free. Rybka is also very highly rated and is free up to version 2.3.2a so you may like to try that too.

HTH.

[B]Wombler[/B]

take a look at you´re startup Programs.