Freemake Video Converter

vbimport

For anyone who is interested, I’ve discovered this really easy to use Converter that supports many formats and also allows for editing.

It’s extremely simple to edit out what you don’t want and it comes with a basic menu option (but no chapters).

http://www.freemake.com/free_video_converter/

Be careful at setup, it will want to put unwanted softwares, so be sure to not have them checked.

Supported formats:

You can use this to change avi for DVD formatting for example. After that all you need is ImgBurn to complete :iagree: (if you would want to do that)

I have this program and have used it a few times for converting something that VidCoder/Handbrake didn’t like and also once or twice for making a DVD from video files.

@ DrageMester, (firstly I love your avatar and signature quote! :slight_smile: )
I don’t really like to make a DVD file from it, if I can, I stick with DVD Rebuilder, but otherwise I find it a handy thing to have when other things don’t work.

[QUOTE=Saphira;2752706]For anyone who is interested, I’ve discovered this really easy to use Converter that supports many formats and also allows for editing.

It’s extremely simple to edit out what you don’t want and it comes with a basic menu option (but no chapters).

http://www.freemake.com/free_video_converter/

[B]Be careful at setup, it will want to put unwanted softwares, so be sure to not have them checked.
[/B]
[B][U]Supported formats:[/U][/B]

You can use this to change avi for DVD formatting for example. After that all you need is ImgBurn to complete :iagree: (if you would want to do that)[/QUOTE]
This program puts open candy on your computer, you can choose not to install it but I believe there is still malware in the program. Just my humble opinion, other than that its okay for free.:disagree:

[QUOTE=Saphira;2752794]@ DrageMester, (firstly I love your avatar and signature quote! :slight_smile: [/QUOTE] Thanks! :slight_smile:

Not a bad program but loaded with adware, (even with all the “open candy” program boxes unchecked, when I tried it some time ago, some adware was still installed). :a

[QUOTE=alan1476;2752795]This program puts open candy on your computer, you can choose not to install it but I believe there is still malware in the program. Just my humble opinion, other than that its okay for free.:disagree:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=philamber;2752855]Not a bad program but loaded with adware, (even with all the “open candy” program boxes unchecked, when I tried it some time ago, some adware was still installed). :a[/QUOTE]

I’ve had heard about that, actually it seems to be rather of a debate! Some say it does & some says it’s just fine. I made sure to have Add\remove programs open & placed on the right date before installing. Nothing (like a toolbar) went on. I was very careful through the installation, I’ve been bitten bad before with that :rolleyes: After install I checked and nothing. I proceeded to C: and so on, & nothing…
It’s been a little while now, I’ve had no listed symptoms, no strange pages when online or anything. My extensions on my browser is clean, and nothing has been acting up or acting slow. I don’t know if it matters where you download it (which probably so) and I downloaded it at the official site. I’m keeping an eye on it, because of all the problems people have experienced with it, and I intend to run AdwCleaner just to see later on.

There are other choices for a general purpose converter that I would recommend. Xmedia Recode is still in development and is a handy front end for ffmpeg. Video to Video is also a good program though its authors seem to have abandoned it back in 2013.

Neither will give you problems with malware.

^ Video to Video is one I’ve taken and still need to try. I took it at the same time as Freemake, in case Freemake didn’t work the way I wanted it to.

On a side note, after running AdwCleaner, the end result is that I have gotten no bugs from Freemake. My pc is clean from any Freemake additions.