Freebies Galore

vbimport

How about more advanced tools? I am not going to run any tutorial for it, though we may revisit it in a future ‘Freebies Galore’ project if need be.

:clap::iagree:Your one stop free shopping stop, free stuff and how to use them as well. Does life get any better, I don’t think so.:iagree::clap:

^ That RARtoZIP Converter is currently as clean as clean goes - dependent on the .NET framewok, but the installer, program, everything is totally free of any additional shit, even the website visit is totally free of any 3rd-party tracking :clap:

I think that, if I had just posted the apps, I could just as well skipped participating at least posting advanced tools as most would not even know where to start unless there are proper tutorials found at the site.

From time to time, there is a need to compare binary files in raw hex format. So what are our options here? I think I actually may need your help to bring that up to date if you have information :iagree:
The reason is of course that my 10+ lifetime licenses for UltraEdit/UEStudio also includes UltraCompare and so I am totally lost in the commercial market here as well… I do not recommend any of these commercial tools (I am just only too used to use them for anything and after 14-15 years I find it hard to let go)

Now then, let us go the Windows way first which is the environment most seem to prefer to work in. I have already presented one of the tools HxD in a short note here, and so I include one more (There are many free out there).

[B]HexEdit[/B] - A hex/ebc/asc and stream editor whichj comes with template support.

Here you, for some odd reason select ‘Compare Windows’ instead of compare open files :slight_smile:

[B]HxD[/B] A Windows hex editor which, additionally to raw disk editing and modifying of main memory (RAM), handles files of any size.

As you can see, just hit compare and you can skip to the next difference :slight_smile:

[B]VBinDiff[/B] used to be the go to tool launced from the command line like this: ‘VBinDiff.exe BinUhr_2.exe BinUhr_4.exe’

It works in Windws 10 of course, I wanted to mention it for those of you who like me do work in this environment. Now while on the subject of the command line…

[B]BSDiff/BSPatch[/B]

How cool would it be, after patching a file to just distribute the differences as a patch? If you have changed only say four bytes, it seems a little overkill to ship a 50MB file back again? At least, I think so. The tool can work with files up to 120MB and so is still a usable program and if you combine that with the Batch2EXE program posted earlier, you can actually send one single executable to take care of it all.

[B]BSDiff[/B] Usage: bsdiff.exe oldfile newfile patchfile
example: bsdiff.exe BinUhr_2.exe BinUhr_4.exe BinUhr.pat
This will make the differences between the original ‘BinUhr_2.exe’ file and the patched ‘BinUhr_4.exe’ appear in the ‘BinUhr.pat’ file.
[B]BSPatch[/B] Usage: bspatch oldfile newfile patchfile
example: bspatch.exe BinUhr_2.exe BinUhr_4.exe BinUhr.pat
In this case, ‘BinUhr_2.exe’ and ‘BinUhr.pat’ are the only two files existing, but ‘BinUhr_4.exe’ will be created from the data of BinUhr_2.exe replacing only the data found in BinUhr.pat. It comes in handy from time to time :flower:

:eek: 2 were posted, but as the Highlander stated, “there can only be one.” You can decide which one. :eek:

DriverView Vs Double Driver

One is reasonably updated, one is not

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/double_driver.html

[QUOTE=beef barley;2773079]:eek: 2 were posted, but as the Highlander stated, “there can only be one.” You can decide which one. :eek:

DriverView Vs Double Driver
One is reasonably updated, one is not
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html
http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/double_driver.html[/QUOTE]

In this case, I think there can be two as there is a distinct difference between the two tools:
One is reasonably updated, but that does not back up your drivers,

What it does offer is a good report of what drivers are installed on your machine.

one is not, but will back up your drivers to a structured folder hierarchy.

Works fine as far as I can tell, even though being old.

A tad newer program which also offers to back up your drivers is [B]DriverBackup![/B] from May 2014

Fully portable application, for Windows.

Since I did mention it, why not post the thing for the curious, a binary clock

Binary clock?
Yep… The ultimate nerd gadget as the very presence of it running on your desktop instantly “nerd” classifies you. :stuck_out_tongue:

And the clock was 10:12:48 when the screenshot was taken :iagree:

just unzip to where you want it running from, but do not use the Program Files hierarchy as reasoned before as it writes its settings file to its own folder. Upon first startup, browse to the skins ransparent folder and select the transparent skin and you got ‘my’ representation. There are several graphics in the folder to represent the diodes depending on your screen background. The current one renamed to skin.bmp is also found as ‘skin_red_gray_diode.bmp’. Simply rename one of the other colors to ‘skin.bmp’ or modify one to fit your color scheme.
There are other skins to of course, but for everyday use the transparent works great (I love it when people peek at my screen to see what time it is :stuck_out_tongue: Originally just meant as a gag, but that is my only desktop clock)
Right-click the clock itself to change skins or double-click it to bring up ‘Date and Time’ from control panel.

This project started when I found CDW’s site and his BinUhr app.
I wanted it to run on my desktop, but it was reported as suspicious by several security programs when running in Windows 7 and while checking it out I found that the reason was the missing version and manifest information as well as the packer used.
It would of course have been easier if I could get the source, but CDW states in his forum that the code is too messy to release. I find the statement credible as CDW’s programs usually have sourcecode available.

Nuff said, using hex-editor, resource programs and other PE utilities, I created and patched the missing resources into CDW’s original program.
After adding resources such as version information, manifest and translating the whole program to english, I checked the program for PE conformity (Portable Executable Format aka Windows .exe). I corrected the minor flaws found even though the original also had the same (which means the assembler compiles it like that and the program will run just fine with them).

Anyway, at the end of it, BinUhr is in pristine shape without any flaws at all in the PE code.

There’s a SkinMaker included with the BinUhr program as well, and while I was not as thorough as I was with the main application (never used it), the SkinMaker also got the needed resources added and was translated to English (I do understand a little German, but it is still a language I’m not quite comfortable with) :slight_smile:

voila! No more suspicious behaviour has been reported.

Tested with Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10. Original unpacked program along with the rest of the original files in binuhr.zip inside the archive. I can’t give you a link to CDW’s site as it is not online anymore :frowning:

For the ones not following this thread, you may ask...
How the f**k do I read that thing?

To answer that, I must introduce you to what this really is...
Binary is, as opposed to your daily base 10 number system, a base 2
number system which is, by far, a less complex number system.
Base 10 means 0-9 (which is ten numbers)
Base 2 means 0 or 1 (which is two numbers)
Just as in our decimal system, the placement of the numbers are
significant like in 60 and 6000 where the six means more in the
last value. The same is the case for the binary number system, but
to aid you, I will draw a table to encompass all the numbers used by
the BinUhr application. Afterwards, I will answer the initial
question.

.---------------.
| 8 | 4 | 2 | 1 | = Placement value in the decimal number system
|===|===|===|===|
| 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | =  0
|---|---|---|---|
| 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | =  1
|---|---|---|---|
| 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | =  2
|---|---|---|---|
| 0 | 0 | 1 | 1 | =  3
|---|---|---|---|
| 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | =  4
|---|---|---|---|
| 0 | 1 | 0 | 1 | =  5
|---|---|---|---|
| 0 | 1 | 1 | 0 | =  6
|---|---|---|---|
| 0 | 1 | 1 | 1 | =  7
|---|---|---|---|
| 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | =  8
|---|---|---|---|
| 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 | =  9
|---|---|---|---|
| 1 | 0 | 1 | 0 | = 10
|---|---|---|---|
| 1 | 0 | 1 | 1 | = 11
|---|---|---|---|
| 1 | 1 | 0 | 0 | = 12
|---|---|---|---|
| 1 | 1 | 0 | 1 | = 13
|---|---|---|---|
| 1 | 1 | 1 | 0 | = 14
|---|---|---|---|
| 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | = 15
'---------------'

Now, If you start the binary clock and chose the transparent skin,
you will soon notice that the 1 in the table above means that the
"diode" is lit while the 0 means that the "diode" is off.
At the top, I've included the placement value expressed in your
everyday decimal system. Do you notice it? it doubles kind of  like the
decimal systems 1 - 10 - 100, but being base 2, we get 1 - 2 - 4 - 8.

The comparison with the decimal system stops there, the binary, octal
and hexadecimal number systems are true numbersystems while the decimal
system was introduced to us by the mere fact that we have 10 fingers and
is the very reason kids have trouble with maths in school! - still I had to
include it to make you follow. Binary is the easiest numbersystem "ever",
but onwards with how to read the clock.

Print the table above as usual in portrait mode on your printer, but turn
the paper to landscape view with the decimal numbers 0-15 at the bottom.

That's all there is to it really, look at the binary clock on the screen
and compare them with the numbers 0-9 (I included 0-15 to make the table
comlete). The "lit diodes" or red dots represents the 1 in the table and
"unlit diodes" or black dots represent 0.
As for any pseudo binary clock, the "diodes" will jump column after
displaying 9 and so you can think a little like the decimal system for the
6 collumns presented where the (from right to left) first collumn is the
1-seconds 0-9, the next collumn is the 10-seconds from 0-5 (60 is a minute
and it will jump to the 1-minute collumnt). Being a 24 hours clock, the hour
collumnt follows like the seconds and minutes columns up to 23:59:59 which
is displayed as
8 |   0    1    1
4 |   0  1 0  1 0
2 | 1 1  0 0  0 0
1 | 0 1  1 1  1 1
The first number, (this time the right way at least for the clock) is again
our decimal value for the placement of the 1 in the binary system.

I won't bore you with any further explanation, just think of 1 as lit
and 0 as unlit and you got it ;)

BinUhr.zip (215 KB)

FreeFileViewer:

THE FREE FILE VIEWER THAT JUST WORKS

Download and install FreeFileViewer and you will be able to view documents like DOC, DOCX, PDF, TXT, XLS, XLSX, images like JPG, PNG, GIF, PSD, videos like FLV, MP4, MOV, MPG, audio files like FLAC, MP3, OGG, WMA, and various other formats like BIN, CFG, DAT, DIZ and and many many other file formats - more than 200 supported!
http://www.freefileviewer.com/

I’m going to give that Backup Driver 2 a shot.

I’m sorry I forgot to mention that there are 2 things to look out for when installing FreeFileViewer. Although they are free, one you decline if you don’t want it and the other uncheck the box.

Sir Arthur Ignatius Conan Doyle did put something great to words more than a hundred years ago:

[I]My mind rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work, give me the most abstruse cryptogram, or the most intricate analysis, and I am in my own proper atmosphere, but I abhor the dull routine of existence. I crave for mental exaltation.[/I]
Ask yourself the following questions; why is it or anything impossible and what are the facts supporting that? Are all the facts, even basic facts, really facts or just one possible solution? I find it more interesting to be curious of that rather than Christmas presents or anything else you will come to know in time. We are largely our own greatest limitation :flower:

I have spent a couple of hours trying to figure out advanced subjects to post, but what is a tad challenging is that tasks get too advanced too soon. I will of course explain that by posting a program :wink:

[B]WinApiOverride[/B]

More screenshots available at the site

WinApiOverride is an API monitor/debugger and enables you to change how running program works. as the screenshot shows, it is is getting advanced fast (that could have been a disassembly as well). It tries to fill the gap between classical API monitoring softwares and debuggers, can break targeted application before or after a function call, allowing memory or registers changes, and it can directly call functions of the targeted application. To follow in the lines of APIMonitor posted before, you can debug and do much anything you like, even dirty tricks like accessing registered only functions in an unregistered application. :stuck_out_tongue:

A little more advanced than APIMonitor, but if you view the video tutorials or documentation it gets easier. The ‘Override Demo’ may be of interest to see just how we can control what appears in TaskManager :slight_smile:

Now the [B]Dev Stuff[/B] site is actually very interesting as a whole with utilities like Control Contents Saver, or for the more advanced Static Import Finder and Dll Export Finder.

When you download, you are automatically sent to PayPal for donation, so you must use the back-button in your browser to get back in the site. However, I find that adequate since it is the only nag I’ve so far come across. :iagree:

The PDF-XChange Viewer has been discontinued and replaced by the PDF-XChange Editor which is now available including all the features of the Viewer and much, much more. . .

http://www.tracker-software.com/product/pdf-xchange-viewer

For those of you wishing to go directly to the editor.

http://www.tracker-software.com/product/pdf-xchange-editor

^ Seems like a cool PDF program, I’ll test-drive it later.

Now then, let us leave the advanced behind for three handy programs :slight_smile:
Ever had a veeeeeery repetitive task on your hand, clicking that mouse 2000+ times on the same f***ing requester? Or had to click F5 for what seems like infinity?

I have one old tool (2009) I rescued from the net, Auto Mouse Clicker. Developed by Mingkun Goh (aka Mangokun) and originally hosted on geocities. I am unaware of any current site and so I upload the complete archive here, including themes, sourcecode and ‘almost’ original geocities page (scripts removed).
[B]

[/B]version 2.2 for Windows 9x/NT/2K/ME/XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10 (It works in Win 10 as well even though the web page stops at 8.1)
Needs VB6 runtime libraries

As you can see, quite an advanced little program supporting settings in XML files, random clicking and about everything I never had any use for, all in a 200kb program :slight_smile:

[B]-----[/B]

For that pesky keyboard-tapping nightmare, you can try this little program:

[B]AutoKeyPresser[/B]

I have entered some example values and the help-screen in the above screenshot to give you an idea of the possibilities.

Trivia: I once repaired a RAID setup by using the mouseclicker and another older keypresser utility. A task that would have been impossible without. It took a WEEK, but the job was successful, a job no human would undertake (caused by badblocks on one of the disks making the RAID go offline, the combination made it online and continue rebuilding)

[B]-----[/B]

Then there is that [WinKey] which is great… for the most, but not so great if you work remote and happen to click the [WinKey] - Up comes the local Start Menu and not the remote…
Look no furter than [B]WKey Disabler[/B] No screenshot as this sits in the SystemTray and have only one right-click choice ‘Exit application’ :wink:
Tested and found working with VNC and Teamviewer remote applications… and it works with games using the [Ctrl] key for some operation to not make hitting [WinKey] a disaster :smiley:

Update: I also found that the mouse I had to retire soon after purchase because the middle mousebutton would bring up the start menu is handled by the WKey Disabler and now I am finally able to use my Logitech Zone Touch Mouse T400 without installing Logitech’s bloatware :slight_smile:

AutoMouseClicker.zip (470 KB)

MP3TAG The universal tag editor

Mp3tag is a powerful and easy-to-use tool to edit metadata of audio files.

It supports batch tag-editing of ID3v1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, iTunes MP4, WMA, Vorbis Comments and APE Tags for multiple files at once covering a variety of audio formats.

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

The author of nlite has now brought out NTLite which has a free non commercial version that does have certain limitations. I have used nlite for slipstreaming with no problem, but not NTLite. NTLite supports Windows 7 through 10.

Some Main Features:

[ul]
[li]Live install modifications[/li]> [li]Component Removal[/li]> [li]Hardware Targeting[/li]> [li]Driver, Update, Language Pack and Application Integration[/li]> [li]Tweaks[/li]> [li]Unattended Setup[/li]> [li]Disk Partitioning[/li]> [li]Application Installation Automation[/li]> [li]Pending Changes Overview[/li]> [li]And many more[/li]> [/ul]

More Features:

https://www.ntlite.com/features/

https://www.ntlite.com/download/

I was going to post something else, but I was doing too many things at once and screwed up. So I have decide to go outside the box. I found this on my travels and since it was reasonably up to date, after reading it through, decided to link to it directly. Not my review, but if anybody that reads it or has used any of the reviewed programs, please post your thoughts.

19 Free Data Recovery Software Tools:

Many free data recovery programs exist that can help recover your accidentally deleted files. These file recovery programs can help you recover, or “undelete” files on your computer.

Files you have deleted are often still present on your hard drive (or USB drive, or media card, smartphone, etc.) and can be recovered using free data recovery software.

By Tim Fisher

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/filerecovery/tp/free-file-recovery-programs.htm

Now then, anyone miss me? :bigsmile:

I thought I would take you on a detour to yesteryear, it just happen the tools still works and for anyone in need to encrypt and decrypt files and text, it can become very expensive unless you search high and low to find free alternatives.

There is one resource with quite a few small portable utilities that will get the job done… Dariusz Stanislawek website is located in Australia and comes with oldies, but goodies in the field. Using these tools, absolute private communication should be possible.

[B]dscrypt[/B] offers AES/Rijndael file encryption with simple, multi-file, drag-and-drop operations. Rijndael encryption is next to impossible to crack and renders brute force attacks useless unless you have used a typical dictionary word that is.

[B]WildCrypt[/B] offers the same AES/Rijndael file encryption, but its crypto-security is enhanced by the exclusion of any means of key or data verification, which could aid a potential attacker.

[B]EdXOR[/B] Now isn’t it a drag if you’re writing a mail and need to encrypt a few sentences to have to save them and then encrypt them by an external program, not so with this small notepad replacement:

Names of most participants of this thread, crypted in varios ways were used (all paragraphs contain the same contents as ASCII). What you do is to select the text, hit the ‘Format menu’ shown right of the main interface above, select what type of simple encryption you would like (some offers to use a passphrase for decryption), then simply paste the result back into the mail (Reverse is not actually any encryption, but more of a fun gag in a mail on occasions) :wink:
A small trouble is with Windows 10 as the program needs RichEd.dll and that happens to exist as a ‘dummy’ and so you will have to include the correct in the EdXor folder. no stress though, here it is: [B][/B] and since I did work on it two years ago or so, here’s the revived icon if you want to have a go at Resource Hacker yourself: [B] - [/B]A program with more functions than meets the eye.

The site does not stop there though. it contains a Password manager and other utilities as well.
None of the tools are created recently, but with filesizes way below 100k, they are indeed worthy tools, check it out.

[B]@Andrea1998[/B] (if you still read this thread)
I’m uncertain what verification you were after when you asked, but the site also offers something in this field:

DVDsig is a files verification software for DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, CD-ROM and other removable media. It will scan all files and directories of a new disk compilation and create a list of reliable MD5 file signatures. DVDsig is small enough to be conveniently included on any disk compilation and offers immediate, independent verification of the files after burning is completed. The inclusion of DVDsig along with the signature list it generates is a simple, quick and effective way of validating your data at any time and anywhere.

riched32.zip (102 KB)

edxor_remastered.zip (1.22 KB)

The disciple always follows closely the masters :iagree:

From the link ‘edxor reamasterd.zip’ download only the icon :doh:

I would expect any parent to due their due diligence before allowing their children to visit any of the following websites. If you use any of them, please don’t use them as babysitters, be there with your children. I know my daughter was speaking French as well as English, plus understanding math between 2 & 3 years old watching #2 on TV. When she watched there was always a parent there.

20 Educational Websites for Kids That are Also Free

By Apryl Duncan

http://stayathomemoms.about.com/od/educational-activities/tp/20-Educational-Websites-For-Kids.htm

^ (since it was not mentioned) Fun, while working late one day, I got one employee’s kid for company, constantly getting in the way of effective working, obviously loved talking to me :wink:

Well, who am I to stop a curious kid without finding something else he can be curious about. As luck would have it, I found [B]Learning for Kids[/B] and their ‘[B]Little Painter[/B]’ program.

I put him in front of a computer, logged on to a restricted domain account and started it, and I didn’t see him again until I was finished and he did not want to leave the computer to go home with his mama and so started crying. I found a small capacity USB stick in my pocket, told him we were going to move both the program and his ‘creation’ onto that stick so he could take it home to finish the drawing. The crying stopped and I could tell he was mighty proud owning the first USB storage medium in his life :bigsmile:

^^ Just so it is said, I go all the way with Beef Barley on his comment to parents. My daughter got her first very own computer for her fourth birthday, but we always spent time together where she would sit on my lap and we would share a nice educational or leisure game like ‘My Little Pony’.
That is actually something she mentions frequently, that and my singing and reading when she went to bed (I would sing for at least half an hour or read a fairytale or one or two chapters from a children’s book, did so every single day for more than seven years). Kids don’t need your money that much, more so they need your time and attention!

I am always in for some curiosa when it comes to mathematics (as well as for computer programs) and love understanding different number-systems and so also the roman number system.
You have surely seen something like MCMLXX or similar, but most would not have a clue as to what it means (it is 1970 in our decimal number system). Last weekend I found an old javascript I had and wrote a simple HTML5 document around it.
You can test it online [B]here[/B] or download it for offline use if you like: [B][/B]

There is one trouble with it though, very large numbers. The romans had a system to encompass very large number like using (CC) before the rest of the numbers to represent 200000 and (XX) to represent 20000. To emphasize on that, a number like 200220 they would write as (CC)CCXX and 20220 would be written like (XX)CCXX.
The script does not account for that and so it will write one M for every 1000 no matter how big the number. This is how people who knows ‘a little’ about roman numbers see it and so I did not want to rewrite it. I have of course found an application that will do even that correctly and so if you like to become a roman numeral nerd you can use it for training :slight_smile:

[B]Roman Arabic Numerals Converter[/B]

Not much to say about it really, it works :stuck_out_tongue:

Then there is this magic number that has always fascinated me, PI. Back in the '80s, I calculated it to 10000 decimals using an assembly program and I remenber it took several days to calculate it. The result was saved to a textfile with no output to the screen and so I was quite happy to see that command prompt finally return.

[B]Pi Calc v1.4[/B]

Pi calculator is pretty easy to use, just enter the number of decimal digits and click 'Go!'
It should be emphasized that NASA use close to 40 decimal places to calculate space travels and so the value of calculating Pi to 100000 decimal places is dubious, but today that will take 30 seconds on a quick computer and so why not (goes to show just how far we have come in terms of computing power) :smiley:

[B]RandGen v1.0[/B]

RandGen allows you to generate cryptographically secure random numbers using only mouse movements. You can use it to generate secure passwords, encryption keys, or anything else that needs a good random value. Of course, you can simply play with it too, but this is actually a very usable program.

:flower:

aranc.zip (1.53 KB)

[QUOTE=andrea1998;2773602]The disciple always follows closely the masters :iagree:

From the link ‘edxor reamasterd.zip’ download only the icon :doh:[/QUOTE]

Like I mentioned in my private message, the terms only grants a license to distribute the program in unmodified form commercially or otherwise.

It does not specifically prohibit adding resources, manifests or other additions for private use though. However, since I do not take any credit whatsoever and the programmer’s name is ‘all over’, I have come to the conclusion that the changes are few and does not in any way interfere with the programs operation (just a tad more compliant) and so I link it from another server so myce.com can’t be blamed (according to the EU) :wink:

Download:
EdXor remastered

Naturally, I am concerned about copyright out here as credit should be where credit is due, meaning not with me.
Working around and with the code is something I do frequently for private use though, but that is nobody’s business but mine :stuck_out_tongue: - I enjoy reviving old programs for yet another round, like some programmers tools from around the millennium which makes getting other programs to work just a tad easier, like generating the import table (IAT) from scratch, relinking sections, rewriting the PE header and so on.

I am thinking of contacting a programmer and get his permission to be able to show you how you, as an example, can switch from that old and not too functional file-requester to the new standard we use today as it is not too hard as long as I’m able to explain it in plain English.
I will have to have permission though, as doing so is indeed altering or reversing the actual code of the program. In such a case, a clear statement thereof should be left in the resource section or as a readme.txt to tell people exactly what was done, why and include the written permission from the programmer, we are not crackers, just into computer archeology :bigsmile:

Edit:
I have been through my archives and found a few programs which makes such a project achieveable for ordinary to a little advanced users.
I have to locate one more tool, spend some time on how to explain the different steps and finding a reasonably relevant but dead candidate. If it makes it through all the stages, I will contact the programmer in an effort to get the permission needed to run such a tutorial, but I will not issue any guarantees thereof :flower:

Well, who am I to stop a curious kid without finding something else he can be curious about. As luck would have it, I found Learning for Kids and their ‘Little Painter’ program.

Very cool.

I put him in front of a computer, logged on to a restricted domain account and started it, and I didn’t see him again until I was finished and he did not want to leave the computer to go home with his mama and so started crying. I found a small capacity USB stick in my pocket, told him we were going to move both the program and his ‘creation’ onto that stick so he could take it home to finish the drawing. The crying stopped and I could tell he was mighty proud owning the first USB storage medium in his life
Even cooler.

My daughter got her first very own computer for her fourth birthday, but we always spent time together where she would sit on my lap and we would share a nice educational or leisure game like ‘My Little Pony’.
That is actually something she mentions frequently, that and my singing and reading when she went to bed (I would sing for at least half an hour or read a fairytale or one or two chapters from a children’s book, did so every single day for more than seven years). Kids don’t need your money that much, more so they need your time and attention!

Cooler yet.

I don’t have a lot of time, but I am having fun trying some of the programs in this thread, to be honest a lot of them I never knew existed. I must have led a sheltered life. I just wanted to mention a couple of things that I keep going to, but then forget.

For music I am using Foobar2000 because i like it, and when i switched to foobar it was at the time that winamp started to get very heavy, and also trying to play videos.
I started using this from this thread, mainly for replay gain right now, for which it rocks. Thank you vroom. I don’t have any quotes Xercus, but after researching your post, Secunia PSI is no longer part of my toolkit, thank you.

Okay here’s the freebie that I really don’t know why I haven’t posted it before, maybe because I have only started using it with my upgrade to Windows, (ouch! those stones hurt folks and I think there is some in that rotten fruit and eggs!)

VMware Workstation 12 Player provides a streamlined user interface for creating, running, and evaluating operating systems and applications in a virtual machine regardless of the operating system. With its intuitive interface and virtual machine setup, Workstation Player is the easiest way to deliver a virtual desktop to all of your employees, contractors, or customers. It’s now easier than ever to start a trial with VMware Workstation Player. - See more at: https://www.vmware.com/products/player/playerpro-evaluation#sthash.Cn1SVa8q.dpuf
http://www.vmware.com/ca/en/products/player