Freebies Galore

vbimport

These guys or gals have freebie after freebie after freebie etc, etc etc.

www.weenysoft.com/products.html

Thank you for sharing :flower:

[QUOTE=beef barley;2770171]These guys or gals have freebie after freebie after freebie etc, etc etc.

www.weenysoft.com/products.html[/QUOTE]

Want to verify your so called free first before telling it is not really free when some programs are restricted…

Please note Free Video Converter can’t rip DVD or convert DRM protected video files due to copyright reasons.

These tells me they are not worth it.

^Oh come on coolcolors, some of the best free conversion programs in existence don’t have decryption capabilities. Handbrake, Vidcoder, AVStoDVD, DVDRebuilder, BD Rebuilder, Clone BD, etc. etc.

Your objection lacks any kind of credence.

I haven’t heard of these, so its good to learn something about them.

^My thought as well. Besides, DVDFab PassKey will probably make up for that shortcoming.

Many utilities present so I snapped the link and will check out a few later.

There looks to be some interesting stuff there beef barley thanks, I will give a couple of the audio proggies a go later.

Thanks beef barley

I also will give them a look over

Yes yes, thanks to the wonderful beef barley for sharing with us. :slight_smile:

I am in no way telling people to go and try these, that is freedom of choice. All I can say is that I have tried Video Converter and Video Joiner, they both work plus I haven’t paid a dime for any of them. While I still use Winavi all-in-one, I have found that it does not handle Mono very well, at least for me so far and this converter does. If I’m wrong about Winavi let me know, I would appreciate it. It might be of value to let people know which programs and what restrictions they have, obviously you know. I publicly declare that I have not looked into all because I have paid programs that do what they do. Anything wrong with any of these programs that people don’t think there’s value, yank the thread. Thank you for the comments and here’s another freebie that I am using on all machines in our home.

Tired of unchecking unrelated offers while installing software?

https://unchecky.com

Speaking for myself, a long life with computers have left me with registrations in the hundreds which I maintain. Still, I find it hard to recommend paid programs ‘just to get the job done’. In case of recovery, some paid alternatives stands out of the crowd and needs mention, but as a whole, I really appreciate such threads because they add to my arsenal where I can route people to whenever the free alternative gets the job done. :flower:

The PDF conversion utilities are certainly interesting, especially the PDF Extractor which I’ve briefly tried. Interestingly it did not try installing any third third party products, toolbars, etc. unlike the dreaded Flash and Java updates.

What I really like about the PDF Extractor is that it appears to export the original images from the PDF, whereas when trying to use the snapshot tool in PDF-Xchange (which I use instead of Adobe), there’s no way to get directly at images that have text or other objects overlapping them, let alone the original image quality. I always had to use Inkscape whenever I wanted to extract the actual images and even then it was quite a cumbersome process, especially when extracting multiple images.

I am curious to see how well the font-extract feature works. I have been looking for a tool that could extract fonts from PDF files. For example at work if I need to make changes to a PDF, generally I can get hold of the original editable version from the client, but if they’re using a Mac, there’s a good chance they’re using a font that my PC doesn’t have. So it would be handy to export and install the font from the PDF to let me modify the editable document the PDF was created from, without writing an e-mail explaining what text on which lines need to be revised and why I couldn’t make the changes directly in their document.

I live in Alberta Canada and with the economy the way it is, free is good. If anybody wants to attach freebies to this thread, they are quite welcome as long as people understand that they choose to use them at their own risk. You can’t check every piece of software on every machine, or at least the people providing these programs probably can’t, so user beware. When you download and install to use, “you” are accepting the responsibility. Speaking of Canada, it’s tax time. I am in my second year of using this program and it works. The program gives you lots of opportunity to save what you do, but if for some reason you can’t get into your account, the only way is to delete the account and register again, no reset on the password. Make sure when you are done, download the PDF, you will have a copy and the CRA will have your information. It is free.

https://simpletax.ca/

[QUOTE=beef barley;2770212]I live in Alberta Canada and with the economy the way it is, free is good. If anybody wants to attach freebies to this thread, they are quite welcome as long as people understand that they choose to use them at their own risk. You can’t check every piece of software on every machine, or at least the people providing these programs probably can’t, so user beware. When you download and install to use, “you” are accepting the responsibility. Speaking of Canada, it’s tax time. I am in my second year of using this program and it works. The program gives you lots of opportunity to save what you do, but if for some reason you can’t get into your account, the only way is to delete the account and register again, no reset on the password. Make sure when you are done, download the PDF, you will have a copy and the CRA will have your information. It is free.

https://simpletax.ca/[/QUOTE]

If it works and does what you need it to then free is always good. :bigsmile:

Good to see you back BTW. :flower:

[B]Wombler[/B]

It is good to see some familiar folks still around and thank you all for contributing to this thread.

[QUOTE=beef barley;2770271]It is good to see some familiar folks still around and thank you all for contributing to this thread.[/QUOTE]
Come around more often beef barley.:wink:

I will give it my best shot, thank you.

Thanks beef barley, I added the “PDF Converter” to my tool box.

:iagree:

You are most welcome lario48. A lot of you probably know about the next one. It is brought to us by the same folks that give us CCleaner, both have free versions.

https://www.piriform.com/speccy/download

Something goes wrong with your computer and you have a friend who could help you, but they are miles away.

Establish incoming and outgoing remote connections for real-time support or access to other computers. Participate in meetings and presentations, chat with other people or groups, and make video calls as well. After downloading and installing this software, you will have your first session up and running within seconds.
http://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/windows/

Get Started - it’s free for personal use!

^ I spend most working days in TeamViewer (registered due to server work) and love the new tabbed interface. Usually gets at least twice as much done when I do not have be physically present. What I do not like is that they seem to have discontinued TeamViewer Manager which I use as my portable TeamViewer address book. However v10 still works with v11 of TeamViewer (I do not trust customer data to be stored on the TeamViewer servers)

Now then, anyone who’s worked with ‘Environment variables’ knows that that is a real drag in the '90s retro Microsoft interface. Want more overview? Well then, say hello to ‘Rapid Environment Editor’, a tool I have used for a long time and find a real valuable addition to my toolbox.

Installer and Portable, both x86 and x64 versions available
Check it out at http://www.rapidee.com