Free windows basedgood DVD copying program & DVD player

vbimport

I have tried to play some of my commercial DVD’s with windows media player, but I keep getting an error message that windows cannot find the right codecs, & does not see the movies, it calls them an unknown disc.

Are there any free windows based movie players that can play commercial DVD’s on a computer?

I am also looking for a good movie copy software, to back up my movie DVD’s.

VLC and Media Player Classic HomeCinema are both free, easily found via Google and can play dvd video, including commercially made movies.

If you want to copy commercial dvds for free, there is only one good choice left. It is the free section within DVDFab, called DVDFab HD Decrypter. It will continue to function as a decryption/ripping program even after the trial for the complete program ends. The only caveat is that the decryption capabilities will lag behind the commercial version by 4 to 6 weeks.

Once the trial ends, you can use DVDShrink to compress to fit onto a single layer dvd if that is what you want to do. Shrink is free to download and use (www.mrbass.org) but its decryption abilities are severely limited, since development stopped on the program many years ago. It is still a very good transcoder though, and will compress the movies with good quality.

There is one more option, come to think of it. DVDFab came out with a free program that works in a similar fashion to AnyDVD. It is called DVDPasskey and is free while the program is still in beta. Eventually it will be a commercial product. You can decrypt with it, then use Shrink to rip and compress.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2519959]VLC and Media Player Classic HomeCinema are both free, easily found via Google and can play dvd video, including commercially made movies.[/quote]Agreed. :iagree:
But it is better to have the official websites at hand instead of being trapped by some dubious spam site that managed to get a high ranking :wink:
VLC official website: http://www.videolan.org/
Mediaplayer Classic Home Cinema official website: http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/

Michael