Free vs. nero

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the LG GSA-4165B. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]

I get post too short error!?!?

I have been using Roxio and Nero for many years. Recently, I downloaded a few free DVD burning software, such as BurnAware, etc. They are small downloads
5-25mb, Nero and Roxio are 150mb-350mb and cost mucho $.
The free software seem to work fine, and load faster, and do basically the same thing as Nero and Roxio.
Besides a few minor features, nicer interfaces, I just dont see any real difference between using the free/shareware software vs. Nero or Roxio.

I just dont see any real difference between using the free/shareware software vs. Nero or Roxio.

the only real difference is the over priced bloated bundles have a wider range of options than just burning. they offer converters, media players, slide shows, backup utilities, streaming video… etc… but all of this can be found for free and more stable.

as for burning cd/dvd, i use ImgBurn and best of all its free. burn audio-cds, data cd/dvds, video dvds, many features for advanced users. its very simple for beginners too.

ImgBurn supports a wide range of image file formats - including BIN, CUE, DI, DVD, GI, IMG, ISO, MDS, NRG and PDI.

It can burn Audio CD’s from any file type supported via DirectShow / ACM - including AAC, APE, FLAC, M4A, MP3, MP4, MPC, OGG, PCM, WAV, WMA and WV.

You can use it to build DVD Video discs (from a VIDEO_TS folder), HD DVD Video discs (from a HVDVD_TS folder) and Blu-ray Video discs (from a BDAV / BDMV folder) with ease.

edit// oops this is the ner0 forum, sorry if i crossed the product lines. :slight_smile: