Free VirusScanners

vbimport

I found 3 Free virusscan programs:

Which of them is the best?

Greetzzz,

Sauron

I like AVG a lot. Good updates , stable program , searches files in zip in another zip as well and consumes little memory

Every program is “free”. You just have to look in the right places :slight_smile:

AVG is very good and updated regularly.

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
I like AVG a lot. Good updates , stable program , searches files in zip in another zip as well and consumes little memory

I agree. And AVG doesn’t use much CPU and I/O time while on access scanning as well.

AVG is the best one

I agree AVG is cool. Do you know if the email portion of it is working with XP now? For the longest time it was not working with OE and Win XP or Outlook XP on Win XP.

Originally posted by ntloser
I agree AVG is cool. Do you know if the email portion of it is working with XP now? For the longest time it was not working with OE and Win XP or Outlook XP on Win XP.

I have no idea , i’ve stopped using Outlook a loooong time ago.

Yes it does work with Outlook and Outlook Express 6 but not when you are also using WinXP

I think there are some useful replies in this thread also:
http://www.cdfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=45386

Yes it does work with Outlook and Outlook Express 6 but not when you are also using WinXP

im using win xp home and avg it is working in outlook express for me:confused:

Which build of AVG are you using?

When the AVG Outlook Express plug-in is enabled, do the tool-bar icons disappear if you customize the Outlook Express Toolbar to show small icons? This is what happens to me. I have installed it on several machines running XP PRO and the same thing happens. Also, I was never notified of virri in my inbox. The last one I tried was avg6361fu.exe.

Another thing that happens under PRO is;

You lose the ability to “Right Click” open a program group.

For example click on Start, All Programs, then go up to Accesories, or another program group, Right Click and choose Open nothing happens… but if I uninstall AVG it works again. I have brought this to the attention of their support and they were able to duplicate it but never notified me if the problem was fixed.

hi,

i am using AVG ver 6.0.371 on win xp. when i start oe it has the option “launch avg” on the tool bar.

Hmm cool…

If you dont mind, what happens when you change the Outlook Express toolbar-icons to small?

Can you right click open a program group?

Thanks