Free version of 6.2.2 no longer makes ISO's

I have been using the free version of DVDFab for a long time now to rip my movies to full ISO. Every so often I would download the most recent version to stay up to date.

After installing 6.2.2 when I rip a movie in full disc mode, I select a ISO file as the destination and click start. A popup says I am “You are going to try DVD to DVD” option. (never used to do that). I click ok and after a few minutes it says complete, but the ISO file does not exist. Looking at the log it seems it did not even try to create the file. When I tell it to rip to a folder instead, it works and creates the folder structure.

Does the free version no longer make ISO files? Am I stuck in a “trial” account somehow (from the interesting pop-up)?

Here is the log:
16:20:50: You are going to try “DVD to DVD” option.
16:20:51: Analyzing of DVD started
16:20:51: Analyzing of DVD completed successfully
16:20:51: Copy process started
16:31:39: Copy process completed successfully
16:31:40: Process completed successfully!

The functionality of creating ISO images was removed from the free HD Decrypter back in Jan, you can use ImgBurn to create the ISO image

If you are burning to blank disc, you can burn DvdFab’s output with ImgBurn. Check out my signature.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2303009]The functionality of creating ISO images was removed from the free HD Decrypter back in Jan, you can use ImgBurn to create the ISO image[/QUOTE]

yes and once yo install ImgBurn you can select ImgBurn from the write settings.

you will still create ISO from dvdfab, just dvdfab will call imgburn for you to create the ISO.

so you will use dvdfab to bypass the copy protections and ImgBurn will create the ISO.

i do not know if this will work properly after your trial has expired, however back when the ISO creation was removed Fengtao told me he was going to enable ISO creation using ImgBurn CLI from dvdfab. because he was removing the ISO portion of dvdfab and going to using VSO as part of the Blu-Ray option. since VSO is a paid program he would have to enable ImgBurn because it is Freeware.

How horrible! The removed functionality from the free version?

Anyway, do you have any instructions on how to set up DVDfab to use imgburn automatically so it is a one-step process?

thanks!

[QUOTE=farside847;2303563]How horrible! The removed functionality from the free version?

Anyway, do you have any instructions on how to set up DVDfab to use imgburn automatically so it is a one-step process?

thanks![/QUOTE]

There are instructions, but it’ll depend on whether you are using the free version or the licenced version.

Which are you using?

OC

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=OCanada;2303569]There are instructions, but it’ll depend on whether you are using the free version or the licenced version.

Which are you using?

OC

:)[/QUOTE]

Sorry…Stupid answer…I just re-read your first post…

There are no instructions available, as there is no support in the free version for a burner.

Best you can presently do is to rip a DVD to your HD, then use Imgburn in stand-alone mode to take that file, create the ISO, and burn it to a DVD.

OC

:slight_smile:

according to what fengtao just told me, DVDFab HD Decrypter does have the option to choose ImgBurn from the write settings.

this will allow you to create ISO using the free dvdfab decrypter.

i tried to check this myself, however upon removing my registration, dvdfab showed as Never Be Used, so my trial was still good?? i tried to check.

there are plenty of guides for ImgBurn right up there in beefs signature.

use ImgBurn in Build Image File Mode from the EZ Picker screen

I’m a bit confused. I get (a little sadly) that direct to ISO is removed from the free version, but shouldn’t it work during the trial?

I asked about that during the .18 beta, and was told it should, but apparently it doesn’t. I’m seeing the same behavior as the OP --It says I’m “trying DVD to DVD,” and I can select an ISO as the target, but the processing just stops after copying the temp files and says all is successful.

Using Imgburn or DVD shrink after the copying is certainly adequate for the free setup, but I am curious as to what’s up. A one-click DVD-to-shrunken-ISO process would be a reason to buy the pay version, but I’d like to see that it still works.

thx!

apk,

could you please select ImgBurn as your burn engine. then again select ISO as target.

[ul]
[li]dvdfab common settings
[/li][li]dvd / bluray
[/li][li]write
[/li][li]select burn engine
[/li][/ul]

thank you

[QUOTE=troy512;2303839]apk,

could you please select ImgBurn as your burn engine. then again select ISO as target.

[ul]
[li]dvdfab common settings
[/li][li]dvd / bluray
[/li][li]write
[/li][li]select burn engine
[/li][/ul]

thank you[/QUOTE]

I had tried it with both engines in the beta and saw the same behavior.
I’d like to try it with the ImgBurn engine now, but unfortunately, after backing up exactly one disk, 6.0.2.2 now exits abruptly as soon as it finishes opening the disk in the drive. :frowning: Is this a known thing or do I need to start another thread? (I’m re-downloading and re-installing right now.)

ApK

there are several active threads involving the same behavior. though i have not personally experienced this happening.

you could still always start a new thread or add to one saying you have the same problem.

[QUOTE=apk;2303842]I had tried it with both engines in the beta and saw the same behavior.
I’d like to try it with the ImgBurn engine now, but unfortunately, after backing up exactly one disk, 6.0.2.2 now exits abruptly as soon as it finishes opening the disk in the drive. :frowning: Is this a known thing or do I need to start another thread? (I’m re-downloading and re-installing right now.)

ApK[/QUOTE]

If DVDFab shuts down during or after the analyzing/opening of the disc try pathplayer as “Disabled”, also preview window has been known to cause this abrupt shutdown which turning off the preview window is needed.

Yup, thanks, SJ. I found your other threads on that matter. I’m sure it was just the one older title having a PP issue.

BTW, I also used your uninstall guide to try to address my no-iso-even-during-trial problem, so thanks for that. Didn’t help in this case, however.

I totally removed DVDfab and remnants of the VSO engine, re-downloaded and installed 6.0.2.2, selected the ImgBurn engine, and although it says I’m in a trial, and it lets me do DVD9->DVD5, and it lets me choose an ISO target, it simply does not even try to create one.

Weird.

ApK