Free tool to copy files from ISO image (UDF2.5) to HD?

vbimport

Does anyone know a free tool that can copy files from a UDF2.5 formatted ISO image to HD?

There’s no protection there, it’s the UDF2.5 that’s the problem. I installed the Toshiba 2.5 driver, but still not having any luck finding a tool that will work (except payware, but I don’t need it often enough to warrant that kind of prices)

Moomin

Almost any ZIP program should be able to open an ISO.

I tried a lot of them, including Winrar and IZarc. They either show no content or complain about a corrupted archive.

As I said, it’s the UDF2.5 that’s the problem, they don’t support it. I can see with ISObuster the file I want, but ISObuster requires payment to extract it.

Any free tools, that as I said before, support UDF2.5?

Moomin

I use ZipGenius and never had a problem. You very well may have a corrupt file.
An ISO file is just a container that holds all the files into one.

It’s more than a container, the format used (in this case UDF2.5) makes a difference. You probably never have come across it before, that’s why you have not had any difficulties.

UDF2.5 is used in Bluray.

Moomin

I have.
Have you tried mounting it as a virtual drive?

No, I don’t want to pollute my system with that, I had one once and it required a Windows reinstall to get rid of it completely. It kept interfering with all kinds of drive related software.

All I need is a little tool that does the trick, no need for a virtual drive.

Moomin

The tool that does the trick IS a virtual drive. Alcohol 52% or Daemon Tools (both freeware) none of which require a Windows reinstall to be removed.

I had the Alcohol one. It was a POS. No way I’m putting that back onto my system. Surely there’s a tool like ISObuster (but with less functionality if need be) that is free?

Moomin

What’s a POS? I’m talking about Alcohol [B]52%[/B] which is the free version and is easily uninstalled from a software using the uninstaller.