Free tool speeds up closing Windows 8.1 Metro apps

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Free tool speeds up closing Windows 8.1 Metro apps[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2013/11/myce-close-threshold-95x75.png[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/free-tool-speeds-up-closing-windows-8-1-metro-apps-69593/

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

This is going to be important when we’re charged by the second of usage. Or maybe it will be by-the-minute, and every second over 60 is a new minute’s fee. Boy, I can’t wait! Sooo silky smooth, too - this really IS the best!

Metro apps can be good with quad-display based on 4K touch panels. Imagine moving a mouse cursor on a 7680 x 4320 desktop.

I know few people who have more than 2 regular monitors, much less 4 monitors. Besides, one can always use a trackball mouse or pad.

Now I’m wondering if Ballmer agreed to that model “Price per mouse-mile” for future apps. “If we can trick folks into getting FOUR monitors and then track their mouse-mileage, we can really increase our profits in User Tracking!”

After all, they’ve got the world’s most wonderful and oh-so-silky OS with User Log-In’s to Ballmer’s pocketbook in-place… why not mouse-mileage, along with per-click fees? MasterCard Visa makes millions an hour collecting that ‘per swipe’ fee.

[QUOTE=yojimbo197;2710008]I know few people who have more than 2 regular monitors, much less 4 monitors. Besides, one can always use a trackball mouse or pad.[/QUOTE]

One can always use ten fingers, or pens optimized to touch screens. Why do you assume using a mouse is easier and more natural than using fingers? Didn’t people (called experts and professionals and gurus and geniuses and leaders) prefer keyboards? Didn’t even better and smarter and wiser and richer people prefer typewriters to computer keyboards? Besides, having touch monitors does not mean that one has to rely solely on fingers as input devices.

Anyway, that was obviously a joke. Nobody I know has a 7680 x 4320 resolution display at home.

That you don’t have many people around with two “regular” monitors does not mean I don’t. I never play games and I don’t watch movies or TV. What I wanted PC for 23 years ago was reading books that I could not otherwise access. It was actually difficult to move cursors among three physical 2560 x 1440 (or 1440 x 2560 when 90 degrees pivoted) resolution monitors two years ago. Greatly improved touch input technologies and software utilizing such technologies can really improve overall productivity. By the way, the cost of a 2560 x 1440 panel is just about US$100 and the size of the raw panel is not that prohibitingly big and it is only natural to expect 3840 x 2160 monitors should soon become the next standard.

Curved touch screens will be even better with sensors of all kinds, cameras on all corners. The challenge is not about killing new technologies, but utilizing them in imaginative ways. Imaginative does not necessarily mean counterproductive.

Mouse, GUI, that “Start” button on certain versions of Windows OS, just about every technology is and was new and untested. I don’t see why one has to call one something never to give up while calling the other the worst thing to happen to desktop since the birth of microprocessor.

Certainly, what you miss now so much was once something far more people resisted far more violently. Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 by comparison have been successful. The fall of Microsoft was caused not by the introduction of Metro-style UI and iTunes-like app market, but by three other factors:

1. Mismanagement (lead by Steve Ballmer)
  2. Recession (real recession in the PC industry, not imaginary ones engineered by the media and policitians)
  3. Rise of Mobile (something not even Moore could have predicted precisely)

Nevertheless, Microsoft still records more than 30% profitabiity, 2x higher than Samsung and only equalled by Apple among IT giants of the world.

You’d better watch out… all those mouse-miles… and 10-cents-per-tap… dollar-a-drag… they add up! You just wait!