? free sftwr to s _ l _ o _ w down video & keep a separate audio constant?

vbimport

Hello ,
I would like to non-linearly edit video to slow it down ( a lot) in one section ,
while maintaining an audio track.
Preferably a free & open sourced video software is available.
The video is from youtube & will be posted back to that wonderful time waster.
Thanks in advance

I don’t know a software to suggest for this .
Especially the video slow down part.
I assume it will be necessary to demux the file .
So the audio won’t be affected.
Then muxed afterwards.

It is possible that Windows Movie Maker could do the section cut.
I don’t think it has a slow motion effect though.
I’ve only used it a little so definitely not an expert.

I hope someone does know & posts .

Most non-linear editors have the ability to slow sections. There just aren’t that many good free ones to recommend however.

Lightworks can do this. Do a Google search for it and you’ll find a tutorial or two.
This is a complex program.

Another free NLE that is often recommended is AviUtl. It was originally released in Japan, but there is an English version over at Videohelp.com: http://www.videohelp.com/software/AviUtl
Download the AviUtl Extra Pack version.
The problem with this program is that there aren’t many people using it, and you won’t find much help.

What you are trying to do is not something I have attempted. So I will be zero help. Ask over at Videohelp.com or Doom9.org.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2759179]Most non-linear editors have the ability to slow sections. There just aren’t that many good free ones to recommend however.

Lightworks can do this. Do a Google search for it and you’ll find a tutorial or two.
This is a complex program.

<snip>[/QUOTE]
I looked at the NEW 12.0 User Guide for Lightworks http://www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_lwks&view=download&Itemid=206 page 94 “Advanced Timeline Controls” mentions " type the speed you want".
I will try it ; the only thing I don’t like is the licence over the internet.

@ positiveX , I hope you will give us a report on your results.
I agree I looked a Lightworks & decided not to register. (For now).

@ Kerry56 , I gave AviUtl a short try.
Maybe I missed it but I didn’t find a way to slow the video.
I’m glad I read on this because I didn’t want the Apple Application Support installed. This is if the qaac gets installed. You need to uncheck the aac in Custom install. That may be the reason I didn’t get a “Slow” option.
It seemed to uninstall correctly.