Free registry scan - which program runs a registry scan for free to prevent PC windows crash?

vbimport

Free registry scan - which program runs a registry scan for free so the windows xp does not crash so often?

I have installed many software on the family computer (windows XP, and it is getting very slow and sometimes crashes. Will a registry scanner work making my computer better and decrease the chance of errors? I’m not looking for a program that boosts my PC speed, I just want to make sure my registry is clean . :frowning:

[QUOTE=crazayH;2525789]Free registry scan - which program runs a registry scan for free so the windows xp does not crash so often?

I have installed many software on the family computer (windows XP, and it is getting very slow and sometimes crashes. Will a registry scanner work making my computer better and decrease the chance of errors? I’m not looking for a program that boosts my PC speed, I just want to make sure my registry is clean . :([/QUOTE]

Welcome to the forum. You can give these two a try. I use both of them, never had a problem.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Mr. Bill :slight_smile:

If you install and remove a fair bit of software you cannot beat revo un-installer. In advance mode it will remove all traces from the registry.

Hi,[QUOTE=crazayH;2525789]Free registry scan - which program runs a registry scan for free so the windows xp does not crash so often? [/quote]There is no such thing.

I have installed many software on the family computer (windows XP, and it is getting very slow and sometimes crashes.
Crashes are mainly due to either faulty hardware or incompatible drivers. Sometimes, driver updates (or “downdates”) is helpful.
Okay, poor applications might crash also. In that case, get rid of these using the “uninstall” procedure.

Additionally, malware can be another reason for system instabilities.

Will a registry scanner work making my computer better and decrease the chance of errors?
No.
What you can do is checking the automatically loaded stuff. Start -> Run -> msconfig.

Michael