Free powerpoint alternative

vbimport

My daughter needs powerpoint for college, not on her lap top, any free alternatives?

Try Open Office or Google docs. Also, many colleges offer student editions of MS Office for cheap.

There’s also a free PP viewer available. Useful unless god forbid they expect her to create PP shows. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13

All good suggestions.
Keep an eye on giveawayoftheday They get a little bit of everything.
It may not be soon enough to help you this time but you may get a better software eventually .

[QUOTE=cholla;2653759]All good suggestions.
Keep an eye on giveawayoftheday They get a little bit of everything.
It may not be soon enough to help you this time but you may get a better software eventually .[/QUOTE]
Thanks Cholla & all for the generous replies, very helpful,
Jim

Libra office has a power point clone that works very well, and is compatible with all MS power point presentations.
And best of all it’s free.

Did you try one durkinjt? I’m curious which one you picked and why. Google also has Presentation in Google Docs…

[QUOTE=RexHunt;2654999]Did you try one durkinjt? I’m curious which one you picked and why. Google also has Presentation in Google Docs…[/QUOTE]
got Open Office and substitute Powerpoint both worked great>

Open Office was ‘taken over’ by Oracle’s Apache group, by the way.

It’s unclear how firmly they slammed the door on the open-source developers but a good many almost immediately delivered Libre Office, and Oracle never chased after them with patent pitchforks or Applesque lawsuits. Then, a couple of months ago, those departed developers delivered an updated Libre Office, too.

I used Open Office for several years, and have the newest LibreOffice installed on recent computers and don’t see any differences, so I believe either will be a good alternative in the future. I might stay out of Oracle’s path and avoid OpenOffice, but that’s the only reason - not for any useability factor.

The Google Docs offer good compatibility too if you’re in an Always Connected world. They do have file-size limits, however, and those aren’t always clear until I try to save something too large. “Gee - thanks.”