Free full version of ZoneAlarm® Pro Firewall 2010

Link!

http://forums.zonealarm.com/showthread.php?t=71175

ZoneAlarm will offer a free full version of ZoneAlarm® Pro Firewall 2010 on Tuesday, October 13, starting at ~ 6:00 a.m. PDT. The promotion will last about 24 hours and represents a $40 value and includes a full year license for up to three PCs. It is limited to only one download per new customer.

Update the title please you don’t get what you said but rather just the firewall. I just tried.

What about those of us whom participated in the previous ZA advertisement???

Thank you for catching that, title updated.

[QUOTE=Dr. Who;2450359]Update the title please you don’t get what you said but rather just the firewall. I just tried.[/QUOTE]

No problem MD. I was going to jump on it if the anti-virus was there too as my kaspersky is up on the subscription in a few months.

I see it says, “*Compatible with Windows 7 when it is released.”

Well I just made a full backup so I will test on Win 7 when I get the download…

[QUOTE=Dr. Who;2450374]No problem MD. I was going to jump on it if the anti-virus was there too as my kaspersky is up on the subscription in a few months.[/QUOTE]

Dr. Who, you might want to look into Avast for antivirus. It is free, fairly unobtrusive, and has been rated well in the latest tests.

Apologies for the thread hijack MegaDETH.

The built in firewalls with Vista and Win7 are good enough to dispense with third party firewalls though, in my opinion.

True BUT the one thing I miss about not using Zonealarm for so long is the outgoing protection.

Also this will be a deal killer for me if true"Credit card required for verification"

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2450386]Dr. Who, you might want to look into Avast for antivirus. It is free, fairly unobtrusive, and has been rated well in the latest tests.

Apologies for the thread hijack MegaDETH.

The built in firewalls with Vista and Win7 are good enough to dispense with third party firewalls though, in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Just received key via email. No mention of credit card info needed in email notice.

Seems kinda pointless to install anything now, with Win7 launch next week, will be doing system rebuild for that. Maybe I’ll give it a go anyways just for kicks and grins.

Confirmed, no CC needed, thanks for the info!

[QUOTE=brokenbuga;2450485]Just received key via email. No mention of credit card info needed in email notice.

Seems kinda pointless to install anything now, with Win7 launch next week, will be doing system rebuild for that. Maybe I’ll give it a go anyways just for kicks and grins.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2450400]True BUT the one thing I miss about not using Zonealarm for so long is the outgoing protection.[/QUOTE]
Malware has no problem getting the permission to “contact the master”.

Michael