Free DVD decryption program: BDlot DVD ISO Master

vbimport

Don’t know if anyone else has noticed this program, but I haven’t seen any discussion of it here. The name is BDlot DVD ISO Master, and is free to use.

http://www.bdlot.com/dvd-iso-master/

The program claims to be effective against newer protections as well as simple CSS. There are options to remove region coding, UOP’s and intentionally placed structural flaws designed to prevent copying.

It only rips to an ISO file though, not video files. And there is no compression capability whatsoever. It does include a burning engine, but that seems superfluous in this day with ImgBurn available.

It does seem to be a marketing strategy, to get users interested in their company and to try out their other programs for compression or format conversion, but there is no obligation to try those programs. Has anyone tried this decrypter, and if so, are there any “additional” programs installed? Hanging spyware onto installers is a nasty habit many of these companies have started doing, so it is best to be very careful in the installation.

I’ve never heard of this before Kerry and backing up a DVD in ‘usually no more than 7 minutes’ seems to me to be a rather optimistic claim.

Softpedia certifies it as malware free though.

[B]Wombler[/B]

The info seems to be pretty good on this, I wonder if it works with Transformers 3 as according to their website it should work. Might just give it a try tomorrow when i get home with Transformers 3 :slight_smile:

Gilisoft has a few dvd programs available that seem to be ok as well. I not try any of them yet but do plan to try their on the fly decryptor that they have

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2605197]It only rips to an ISO file though, not video files. And there is no compression capability whatsoever. It does include a burning engine, but that seems superfluous in this day with ImgBurn available.[/QUOTE]
If it decrypts properly, you can always mount the iso file to a virtual drive and then compress with Dvd Shrink.

Has anyone given it a try yet?

[QUOTE=philamber;2605272]If it decrypts properly, you can always mount the iso file to a virtual drive and then compress with Dvd Shrink.

Has anyone given it a try yet?[/QUOTE]

Or use the ‘File -> Open Disk Image…’ menu item.

Since I brought the subject up, I decided to be the guinea pig and try it. Installation went smoothly, with no add-ons to worry about. But when I started the program, it couldn’t find my dvd in my drive. So I rebooted the computer to see if that would help. After that, the program found the drive and the dvd with no problems.

I used one of my old Harry Potter dvds (I’ve been getting blu ray mostly for the last year or two), and the ripping process seemed normal. No outstanding speed, not that I expected it. :slight_smile: Elapsed time to rip The Prisoner of Azkaban was 11:26.

DVDShrink opens the ISO file with no issues, and tells me it is unencrypted.

The ISO mounts correctly in VirtualClone Drive, and plays just fine in TMT3.

So I’d say a total success in this one. But this movie only has CSS protection. Anyone want to try it with something with a bit more bite?

[QUOTE=AGJ;2605257]The info seems to be pretty good on this, I wonder if it works with Transformers 3 as according to their website it should work. Might just give it a try tomorrow when i get home with Transformers 3 :slight_smile:
[/QUOTE]

That would be an interesting one as that’s one of the more recent protection variants.

[B]@Kerry[/B] - That doesn’t really surprise me either as I don’t think it’s possible to rip and burn any ‘full DVD’ in less than 7 minutes. :iagree::wink:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2605197]Don’t know if anyone else has noticed this program, but I haven’t seen any discussion of it here. The name is BDlot DVD ISO Master, and is free to use.

http://www.bdlot.com/dvd-iso-master/

The program claims to be effective against newer protections as well as simple CSS. There are options to remove region coding, UOP’s and intentionally placed structural flaws designed to prevent copying.

It only rips to an ISO file though, not video files. And there is no compression capability whatsoever. It does include a burning engine, but that seems superfluous in this day with ImgBurn available.

It does seem to be a marketing strategy, to get users interested in their company and to try out their other programs for compression or format conversion, but there is no obligation to try those programs. Has anyone tried this decrypter, and if so, are there any “additional” programs installed? Hanging spyware onto installers is a nasty habit many of these companies have started doing, so it is best to be very careful in the installation.[/QUOTE]
I like this free app, it works fine for me. It’s convenient and dont have to pay. Anyways,
my thanks go to those genius~:clap:

Interesting . . . might have to check it out.

My interest has also been aroused so I’ve had a closer look at their website.

I’m always suspicious of software companies that make false or overblown claims.

Here is some more dubious stuff quoted from their website.

The lastest protected DVD usually has 99 titles and the DVD movie size is larger than 40 GB. When dealing with the newest protection system, almost all common DVD clone software crash or work out of order. BDlot DVD ISO Master is the only choice that is able to remove this kind of strong encryption technology with uniquely designed Disney’s Fake Checker.

Somehow I don’t think SlySoft or DVDFab would quite agree that this software is ‘the only choice’ or that DVDFab/AnyDVD crash and work inadequately. :wink:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Might be interesting to know what this does with protected DVD-A discs. Currently, DVDFab is the only thing that reliably rips those to ISO.

The lastest protected DVD usually has 99 titles and the DVD movie size is larger than 40 GB. When dealing with the newest protection system, almost all common DVD clone software crash or work out of order. BDlot DVD ISO Master is the only choice that is able to remove this kind of strong encryption technology with uniquely designed Disney’s Fake Checker.

Yeah that the quote that makes me think this program can do Transformers 3. Will find out in about 3 hours when I get home with the DVD version and the Blu-ray+DVD combo pack

[QUOTE=CDan;2605370]Might be interesting to know what this does with protected DVD-A discs. Currently, DVDFab is the only thing that reliably rips those to ISO.[/QUOTE]
@ CDan , I probably should know but what is a “protected DVD-A disc” ?
Could you give an example of a couple of movies that have used this.

AGC looking forward to the test results . I noticed the site didn’t say anything about the constant updates decryption software requires either.

[QUOTE=CDan;2605370]Might be interesting to know what this does with protected DVD-A discs. Currently, DVDFab is the only thing that reliably rips those to ISO.[/QUOTE]

Good news so far. This does appear to be able to make a working bit-for-bit clone ISO of DVD-A discs. I’m burning one ISO now to verify but they do play well as ISOs. I’ve tested 3 so far with 5.1 24/96 audio and they work.

[QUOTE=cholla;2605381]@ CDan , I probably should know but what is a “protected DVD-A disc” ?
Could you give an example of a couple of movies that have used this.
.[/QUOTE]

DVD-A means DVD-Audio. They are protected, and rips do not function as DVD-A discs.

This means that DVD-Fab in clone mode is no longer the only tool that will make working ISOs of these discs. I de-selected all the copy protection options in the program, but can’t say if that makes any difference. The object is usually to go for a bit-for-bit clone.

Downloaded and installed this little program and will give it a try on Transformers 3 after I finish trying with AnyDVD. Been 20 minutes so far and AnyDVD still scanning away.

Well BDlot took 12 minutes to get Transformers 3 to hard drive as an iso and says it 7.6GB in size but when open the iso with DVD Shrink it says it 57,912 mb. Mounted it with virtual clone and would not work as well.

No luck using CloneDVD or VSO but I’m compressing it right now using DVDneXtCopy neXt Tech. While I watch the back up will see if Next Copy can decrypt and burn the entire thing but should be able to as it worked with Thor

Well, it does seem to be a fairly new entry in decryption, so they’re bound to have some missteps as they learn to deal with new encryption schemes. The real question is how often will they update this free program? Looking at the listing at videohelp, the current version is the third release.

Well it is ahead of the 2 main programs for Transformers 3 so I think it doing pretty good already. I may purchase the upgrade if it continues the way it heading. So far 30 min into the movie plays fine . Probably could have used DVD rebuilder for the compressing part so will try that later when have the time along with the other programs this company has.

thanks for the post about this program

Well BDlot took 12 minutes to get Transformers 3 to hard drive as an iso and says it 7.6GB in size but when open the iso with DVD Shrink it says it 57,912 mb. Mounted it with virtual clone and would not work as well.

Try Fix VTS on it.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2605427]Try Fix VTS on it.[/QUOTE]

That probably would work and will try later but I got it on DVD compressed using neXt Tech. Will give a few programs a try as I have the iso and do more testing for this program