Free dvd burning software - What's the best free DVD burning software?

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2538410]But I suspect it won’t work on protected DVD though. That will be the realm of paid and recommended program Slysoft and Dvdfab of the two I would recommend more. But I myself have all 4 of the main Slysoft software AnydvdHD, CloneCD, CloneDVD, CloneDVDmobile.[/QUOTE]

I was under impression this thread was about a DVD burning software not a ripper-> " What’s the [B]best free DVD burning software[/B]?"

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2538505]I was under impression this thread was about a DVD burning software not a ripper-> " What’s the [B]best free DVD burning software[/B]?"[/QUOTE]

Correct, although the confusion seems to have arisen quite near the start of this thread.

I second your vote for ImgBurn BTW.

Most reliable burning software available free or otherwise IMO.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Prefer BurnAware, always works fine for me and the interface is much easier to use than ImgBurn

[QUOTE=david banner;2542466]Prefer BurnAware, always works fine for me and the interface is much easier to use than ImgBurn[/QUOTE]

BurnAware is ok everyone has their preferred apps :iagree:

when I use ImgBurn all I do is select the file/folder and click the build/burn button not sure how much easier it can get then that :smiley:

[B]SJ[/B]

There is no equal or better burning app than Imgburn and when you add the fact that it is completely free to the equation, its a no brainer. :wink:

I know this hasn’t been updated in awhile but I would like to throw something out there in case anyone is still looking. I agree that ImgBurn is still a good choice even in late 2012, CDBurnerXP another contender. There is also BurnOn CD/DVD which is free and does all the basic burning functions. But really it comes down to what type of dvd burning do you want to do? If just data backup to disc any of these are great options. If you want to burn movies or create video discs then you need to look at authoring software.

ImgBurn still up there but careful now cause they have 2 or 3 “3rd party craptastic” apps they try to trick you into installing.

[QUOTE=burnworld;2667051]I know this hasn’t been updated in awhile but I would like to throw something out there in case anyone is still looking. I agree that ImgBurn is still a good choice even in late 2012, CDBurnerXP another contender. There is also BurnOn CD/DVD which is free and does all the basic burning functions. But really it comes down to what type of dvd burning do you want to do? If just data backup to disc any of these are great options. If you want to burn movies or create video discs then you need to look at authoring software.[/QUOTE]

Imgburn does every kind of burn anyone would ever need, and I am including payware and shareware and freeware, its a one of a kind program, it contains all basic burning functions and advanced burning functions. In Build Mode you can burn Movies , Imgburn has a different mode for every different kind of burn you need. Just my humble opinion. The fact that its free is only an advantage, I would gladly pay for it.

[QUOTE=MrGuvernment;2708106]ImgBurn still up there but careful now cause they have 2 or 3 “3rd party craptastic” apps they try to trick you into installing.[/QUOTE]

There is a very viewable note in the installer, you do not have to install any of that other stuff, all you have to do is pay attention and uncheck it. All Freeware has the same thing, some more some less, but most of it is called " Open candy" easily deleted if you install it by mistake.

I haven’t tested freebie burning software in a year or more. I tried CD…XP and was generally pleased until I couldn’t locate a chance to name the Disk Volume Label. I never looked at it since.

I found a freebie NERO 10 BurnExpress somewhere (OEM disk, including in drives) that was pretty nice for users that do a few burns a year. ImgBURN’s lack of opening screen hand-holding (“where’s the DVD-Video creation start point?”) is tough for the intermittent, once or twice a year burning user, especially those who don’t have any ISO-creation experience either.

I suppose I should go back and give all the others a whirl, but after we get the W8.1 driver problems identified. It is certainly strange to discover so many motherboard makers were issuing a lot of driver-updates for 8.1 over 8.0, and all within a few weeks of MS’s RTM date.

For sure, i am one of, few, who doesn’t just go next next next, but i know what it is what they hope for.

I always liked Nero, but then when it started to become more “main stream” and they added alot of bloat and it just became slow to use, i turned away from it, i pretty much use imgburn for everything these days.

[QUOTE=MrGuvernment;2708437]For sure, i am one of, few, who doesn’t just go next next next, but i know what it is what they hope for.

I always liked Nero, but then when it started to become more “main stream” and they added alot of bloat and it just became slow to use, i turned away from it, i pretty much use imgburn for everything these days.[/QUOTE]

And as far as I know Imgburn will not work on protected dvd or bd so if one is looking to use it on newer dvd and bd your out of luck. Only those without protection are the only ones you will be able to use with Imgburn.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2708441]And as far as I know Imgburn will not work on protected dvd or bd so if one is looking to use it on newer dvd and bd your out of luck. Only those without protection are the only ones you will be able to use with Imgburn.[/QUOTE]
True enough but you can always just rip the protected dvd/bd with DVDFabHDDecrypter and burn the ripped files back to a blank dvd/bd with ImgBurn in build (and burn) an image mode.

Incidentally, for those who find the plethora of options in ImgBurn intimidating, there is a small (download size only about 1mb) portable freebie burning app called AnyBurn that will do most of the basic tasks that ImgBurn will do (and a couple that it won’t) that you might like to try. Further, as the app is portable, requiring no installation routines, it [B]does not[/B] come bundled with open candy.

so imgburn will burn dvds say if i rent one from redbox and just love it . that will work ?

[QUOTE=jefferybreeze;2723801]so imgburn will burn dvds say if i rent one from redbox and just love it . that will work ?[/QUOTE]

We have a policy on the forums regarding copying various types of media. http://club.myce.com/f34/guidelines-copyright-protected-material-316049/

Making copies of rentals is most definitely not something that can be discussed in our forums.

If you wish to back up material that you [B]own[/B], you should look through our forum titled Movie Copy Software. You’ll find that the vast majority of movies have some form of copy protection, and need to be decrypted before you can make a copy. ImgBurn has no decryption capability in and of itself.