Free dvd authoring

vbimport

hi i want to burn a bunch of tv shows onto a dvd but i dont have a dvd authoring tool. now im asking what is the best easy to use free dvd authoring program?

That depends on whether your tv shows are already in mpeg2, compliant to dvd video specifications. If you aren’t sure, open them with MediaInfo to find out resolution, framerate, and the type of video and audio codecs used in them. This page at Wikipedia shows the allowed specifications: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dvd_video

If they are already compliant, you can use a simple authoring tool like DVDStyler. Another free option would be GUIforDVDAuthor, though I have never thought of it as being particularly easy to work with.

If you need to reencode them, try FAVC or DVDFlick. They will produce a finished dvd ready to burn to a disk.

Hi,[quote=Kerry56;2133817]

If they are already compliant, you can use a simple authoring tool like DVDStyler. Another free option would be GUIforDVDAuthor, though I have never thought of it as being particularly easy to work with.[/quote]
Apart from GUIforDVDauthor, there is also DVDauthorGUI for the same purpose. The latter has a much easier interface, but also less options. Both require MPEG2 compliant source material.
I am using both for my TV recordings (which are already MPEG2).

Michael

thanks!!! yup they were mpg2 and GUIforDVDauthor worked great! :slight_smile: