Free copy protection

I don’t know if this is the right place exactly, when most of the threads are about cracking copy protection… :stuck_out_tongue:

Me and a few mates are making a DVD but we would like to add some basic copy protection, it only needs to pass some 14 year olds, the kind of thing that applications like Nero etc cant copy.

Thanks alot.

if you ask me even a 14yr old can be smart enough to ask help on the net and get pass the protection , if its a data dvd and you wanna make sure only you & friends will have access to it , just use truecrypt (free & excellent encryption software) , create a container and put all of the data on it , burn the container file+truecrypt+an autorun.inf or a batch file with special parameters to mount the container

I don’t think age has much to do with cracking copy protection. Given the right equipment and programs it would be very hard to protect you DVD, from someone making a copy even someone very young.

This has been discussed many time please use the search function.

dear kalas, can u tell us what is the keyword to search to find a program that can do this kind of job ? we need programs that can make protected dvd ( data or video )

yeah
i typed search “copy protection” and it lead me BACK to this thread :frowning:

For example [I]dvd protection[/I] as keywords just searching titles you’ll get some results.

ive searched the keyword ( dvd protection ) but i didnt find any home - program(not commercial - with which we can create protected dvds easily from home ) for creating dvd protection :rolleyes: please send me more functiona link , im in serious need of dvd- protection program

I dont know what is the use of new thread then ! anyway i`ll continue here… :cool:

1-Please write every kind of dvd protection which can make dvds protected for example : dvd discs containing ( dvd data - dvd video-dvd audio ) ,
2-write the name of the programs which do the job
3-the site from which we can download the protector program for creating dvd-protected discs from our home ( not by some manufactureres) , thanks

This is has been your third thread about the same topic one has been closed by an admin the other one by me. I answered your question and if you had done some research here by your own you probably would have found some answers by yourself. Getting what you want for free is quite hard as big companies pay much money for this and it’s not working very well even against 14 year old kids :wink:

Macrovision RipGaurd Mod

Macrovision RipGuard-MOD is not for free.

I have find a free DVD rip, But just rip DVD to MP3. You can visit it from:
Free DVD MP3 Rip

Done.

… und Tschüss :cop:

thanx

Ther [I]is[/I] a sticky about this topic. http://club.cdfreaks.com/f80/you-cant-copy-protect-your-own-dvds-133578/

[QUOTE=easterbunny;1758423]if you ask me even a 14yr old can be smart enough to ask help on the net and get pass the protection , if its a data dvd and you wanna make sure only you & friends will have access to it , just use truecrypt (free & excellent encryption software) , create a container and put all of the data on it , burn the container file+truecrypt+an autorun.inf or a batch file with special parameters to mount the container[/QUOTE]

:confused: ok if i am understanding what you and the TrueCrypt website is saying: I download trueCrypt, Put a Blank DVD-R into the DVD drive and close it, Create a Volume on The Blank DVD-R, Mount it on the Blank DVD-R, then burn my DVD video in Windows DVD Maker, and My DVD will be able to be watched on any DVD player but never without a ton of hard work be able to be Ripped, copied, or Dubbed (basically means can’t be copied from one DVD to the other)? I want to make DVDs of weddings but am not wanting my clients to Copy the video in anyway as much as I can possibly do this. :frowning: Also I have no money yet. :sad: so free is great for me. :smiley:

i believe that if you can read or play it is the same thing. nothing can be protected if it can be read.

[QUOTE=BethWazHere;2662895]:confused: ok if i am understanding what you and the TrueCrypt website is saying: I download trueCrypt, Put a Blank DVD-R into the DVD drive and close it, Create a Volume on The Blank DVD-R, Mount it on the Blank DVD-R, then burn my DVD video in Windows DVD Maker, and My DVD will be able to be watched on any DVD player but never without a ton of hard work be able to be Ripped, copied, or Dubbed (basically means can’t be copied from one DVD to the other)? I want to make DVDs of weddings but am not wanting my clients to Copy the video in anyway as much as I can possibly do this. :frowning: Also I have no money yet. :sad: so free is great for me. :D[/QUOTE]

Do you realize movie giants have tried to encrypt discs for many years and all of them have been broken?

Don’t know about the truecrypt…
Now if you have money, you might could implement something like macrovision.
Yet I would think they would want fees to use their products.

Here’s the problem…any disc created must be compliant so that it will readily play on ALL players on the market, present and past.

Yet there may be some programs out there…
Yet I wouldn’t touch them with a 10ft pole.
Put “how to encrypt dvd video” in search engine.

My suggestion is to charge more for your product.

• It’s no use reviving a six year old thread when the original poster has never visited back
  • Truecrypt’s purpose is not to copy protect and allow normal replay of dvd video discs
  • Any copy protection used since today has been bypassed in one or more ways.