Free AVI to MPEG converter software

Hi all,
I am looking for a free AVI to MPEG conversion software. It must be full version even when on trial as I intend to pay for it once satisfied! Please let me know if you know any full version software. Thanks in advance!

There are several that are completely free. MediaCoder and SUPER come to mind.

If you want to go all the way to dvd, you can use DVDFlick or FAVC. Again, both of these are free to download and use. Avi2DVD is another free option.

TMPGenc Plus 2.5 is a very good quality commercial mpeg encoder. The trial is for 14 days, but I believe there are no other restrictions. It is known to be a fairly slow encoder, but the quality will be better than most one click solutions.

From my experience, Avidemux is an excellent freeware utility for both editing and converting one format to another, such as AVI to MPEG1, MPEG2 or MPEG4 or even vice versa. Just open up the AVI file, select the Audio & Video codecs from the drop-down fields, set the options, select the file format and click Save. For an AVI to MPEG conversion, select the format to convert to as the video (e.g. VCD for MPEG1, DVD (mpg2enc) for MPEG2 or an MPEG4 codec), select the desired options and filtering, such as Bitrate and Interlacing, select the audio codec (e.g. MP2 (TwoLAME) for MPEG1 & MPEG2 video) and then the container format, such as MPEG-PS (A+V) if creating video to have ready for a DVD authoring application or AVI if converting to an MPEG4 video codec.

The main thing to watch out for is that the Format is set to MPEG-PS (A+V) when editing or converting to MPEG2 files, as this utiltiy does not give a warning if you try putting MPEG1 or MPEG2 content into an AVI Format, something I’ve dnoe many times by mistake when editing camcorder footage. When you save the video to start the conversion, be sure to provide the proper file extension, such as ‘.mpg’ for MPEG1/2 video.

Hi,
It’s impossible to get full version of any software free of cost. You should pay to get the full version. There are lots of software available on the net but I know a reasonably cost-effective software called [I][COLOR=“Red”]Spammers4U[/I]. I hope this will work out for you. Best of luck![/COLOR]

If a full Demo version is what you want, look up uLead DVD Movie Factory. Non-Crippled but time limited to 21 days.

Look at Total Video Converter. It is free.
http://www.effectmatrix.com/total-video-converter/