Free and cheap CDRs at Best Buy

Best Buy has a 100pk 80 min Philips CDR this week free after rebates (US $39.99 - $20.99 instant rebate - $14 mail in rebate - $5 mail in rebate).

They also have:

Memorex 50pk 80 min spindle for $4.99 after rebates ($22.99 - $10 mail in rebate - $8 instant rebate). The spindle pictured is Taiyo Yuden.

Imation 20pk 80 min in slimline cases $1.99 after rebates ($14.99 - $8 mail in rebate - $5 instant rebate)

None of these list a speed rating.

i always buy and always forget to mail that shit out… just go to fry’s electronics and get Taiyo Yuden 50pk for 7.50

Originally posted by dentman42
[B]Best Buy has a 100pk 80 min Philips CDR this week free after rebates (US $39.99 - $20.99 instant rebate - $14 mail in rebate - $5 mail in rebate).

They also have:

Memorex 50pk 80 min spindle for $4.99 after rebates ($22.99 - $10 mail in rebate - $8 instant rebate). The spindle pictured is Taiyo Yuden.

Imation 20pk 80 min in slimline cases $1.99 after rebates ($14.99 - $8 mail in rebate - $5 instant rebate)

None of these list a speed rating. [/B]

I picked up a Memorex 100 pack 40X CDR’s (made in Japan) from Circuit City for $29.95 - $20 MIR =~ $10

I haven’t opened them yet but hoping they are TY.

The Fry electronics deal on TY CDR’s seem like a great deal as well. Too bad they only have locations on the West Coast :frowning:

If you got the Memorex “Made In Japan” CD-R’s you got the Taiyo Yuden - excellent CD-R’s.

Check http://www.bestbuy.com/Homepage/WeeklyStoreAd.asp?b=0 and check out the sunday circulars online - they will tell you whats on sale. Best Buy stores are weird on stocking things, I went to my local store and all the Memorex 50 packs were 16X/24X no TY 32X. They were using the rebate to “blow out” all the old inventory.

If you ever go to Fry’s (we have them in Dallas) NEVER buy those "GQ “Great Quality” CD’s - these are cheap junk made by Lead Data.

Originally posted by BillyG
Best Buy stores are weird on stocking things, I went to my local store and all the Memorex 50 packs were 16X/24X no TY 32X. They were using the rebate to “blow out” all the old inventory.

Weird. The Best Buy here had the TY 40x Memorex in stock last week. Just luck of the draw I think. That, and people who know what they’re buying dig for the good ones and so the old 16x cmc’s end up at the back of the shelf never selling.

don’t know if it’s still there, but there used to be a fry’s in dallas;)

Originally posted by lucky9
don’t know if it’s still there, but there used to be a fry’s in dallas;)

Yeah they are still there, one on the northeast side of the metroplex nearby LBJ and one in Arlington.

They have good deals all the time but some of the stuff they sell is cheap crap (dont ever buy thier generic memory)

right…memory is a good place to not try and save money. of course, there are not many safe ways in the technology areas to save money. but you can find/check for good buys. with competition the way it is, that’s where you can save some coin. just got to be sure you don’t spend a dollar to save a dime.:smiley:

If you can actually get something Best Buy advertizes - more power to ya. I’ve been in there 3 times in the last 3 weeks for things in the paper and they didn’t have one of them. F***uckers must take stock off the shelves before a sale. I actually was in one store 45 minutes after they opened and they were SOLD OUT of Maxtor hard drives. Yeah - right. Funny I didn’t see anyone walking out with one, or anyone at a register buying one.

I went in at the end of the week that the Philips CDs were advertised, and they had plenty of them left. Must be your local store. I rarely have problems finding ad items at mine.

Very true. no one really likes to shop with that shit company unless they really do have to

Originally posted by dentman42
I went in at the end of the week that the Philips CDs were advertised, and they had plenty of them left. Must be your local store. I rarely have problems finding ad items at mine.

If theres something on sale at Best Buy, Circuit City, Staples etc in sunday morning’s paper be sure to get your @ss to the store when it opens up and go get it - otherwise you’ll never get it or will have to fill out a rain check.

Best Buy is pretty good on stocking new CD-R’s- the only ones I had trouble with was finding TY 32X CD-R’s and they had 100’s of 24X - 16X CMC’s and Riteks.

I think as people discuss CD-R prices, I think people forget about an old fashioned idea that makes them even cheaper.

The five finger discount stores that are all over the world offer items at a low price…FREE!

If you walk into one of these FFD stores, make sure you are careful when you pick your merchandise. You may want to get yourself in shape in case you somehow need to go on a quick jog after someone feels you have gotten a discount that they didn’t approve of.

Also, don’t try the FFD stores in Saudi Arabia as you will not have five fingers to get any further discounts at a later date.

BadASCII

Originally posted by BadASCII
[B]The five finger discount stores that are all over the world offer items at a low price…FREE!

BadASCII [/B]

Tough i kinda like the story , it’s not as legal as one might think :slight_smile:
But somehow i can’t be motivated to remove your post :slight_smile:

hehe…i dont think he is really violating the rules.
for all we know, in his country there may be these such FFD stores.

:slight_smile: