Free alternative to AnyDVD

If you need a free alternative to AnyDVD - without the problems with the elby drivers - i suggest you try DVD For Free DVD43.

You will also need the Patin-Couffin access layer which can be downloaded here http://download.vso-software.fr/patin-couffin_setup.exe. Please not that the Patin-Couffin layer is already installed if you use CopyToDVD.

Here’s some info on DVD43
DVD43 is a small, free tool that integrates into Windows and overrides copy-protection mechanisms found on DVD-Video discs (namely, CSS) and DVD region limitations (in case you have RPC-2 DVD drive). Integrates nicely with XPRESS, DVD2One, WinDVD, PowerDVD, etc.

Please note that this program doesn’t work with Win95/98/ME and according to it developer, never will. Program doesn’t remove Macrovision copy protection mechanism, so outputting video via TV-out to a VHS might cause problems.

DVD43 also requires so-called Patin-Couffin access layer to be installed on system in order to access the DVD drive on lowest possible level. You can get Patin-Couffin access layer to your machine by installing either CopyToDVD, XPRESS or BlindWrite Suite.

To those who may be wondering, I am currently using Nero 6.3.0.0, Alcohol 120% latest and CopyToDVD without any problems so far with DVD43 and Patin-Couffin.

Using DVD43, CopyToDVD and DVD2One v1.30 will actually allow you to rip CSS encrypted DVD-VIDEO directly from your DVD-ROM drive and burn the result to your 1004IM/1008IM in one step.

Cheers,
Peter

I realise this thread is very old… but just for anyone who stumbles across it, sadly DVD43 doesn’t work with Vista 64. Would have been so useful, since AnyDVD fixes HDCP requirement…

welcome to the club

DVD43 could be a problematic demon in it’s own right.

You are a wise man Locoeng, this thread while being almost 5 years old, the final result still holds true. With the incarnation of new decryptions, DVD43 is useless without another decryption system. While free it is not in the same league as AnyDVD now. Like I said this thread is 5 years old.:doh:

Yeah, I noticed the age the first time around too :doh:, but couldn’t resist making a comment anyway :wink:

Cheers Alan

um
ahem!

I really don’t think there is an alternative to AnyDVD :disagree: AnyDVD has to many features to have an alternative.

Well said Bob. :clap:

[QUOTE=Bob;2064764]I really don’t think there is an alternative to AnyDVD :disagree: AnyDVD has to many features to have an alternative.[/QUOTE]

Bob
This statement rocks
This should be made into a sticky:flower:

I left out free…but that’s the topic…or a paid for app either. At this time.

[QUOTE=Bob;2064777]I left out free…but that’s the topic…or a paid for app either. At this time.[/QUOTE]

you just left out the y in the “an” :bigsmile:

love anydvd love anydvd love anydvd