France says 'non' to US DVD imports

vbimport

I just posted the article France says ‘non’ to US DVD imports.

If people buy DVD’s with movies on it wich are not out in france yet are breaking the law. This according an acticle @ The Register.

France has effectively banned the import of US DVDs by…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/1068-France-says-non-to-US-DVD-imports.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/1068-France-says-non-to-US-DVD-imports.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

maybe they need some divx? or is that illegal too :wink:

but anywayz this sucks big time… but another question do these US dvd’s have dutch subtiltes? i never ordered one from amazon orso…

They say the “French Parliement”…

BUT did they ask anything to the consumer ? US ?

Nope, they call that democracy.

I prefer Anarchy then.

Enjoy. Fixx.

Viva la’ resistance!!!

resistance is futile we are the borg hehehhee

I HATE FRENCH

what about french kissing

and french fries?

hehe… damn it=) i hope sweden does not do the same thing… otherwise DivX :wink:

or maby 3ivX =) or its probably not that good of an idea… my computer sucks as!!! =(

FUCK EM ALL!!! FREE PORK FRIED RICE FOR ALL!!!
THEN COME THE HOOKERS! :O)

to ikke-cds : I order almost all my DVD’s in the US. I haven’t seen one with dutch subtitels. Most region 1 DVD’s have english, french and spanish spoken languages. And english for the hearing impaired and spanish subtitels.

Sprotch

Frenchs sux0rs !
whatever they do…

and french fries are actually Belgians

Hey ehm, it’s

VIVE LE RESISTANCE

I see the beggining of a new black market in France…

me too :slight_smile: and i will be there…

I’m French, and it’s a real shit this law! I do want to see films and our gov does not he do. You’re rght, it’s not democracy, it’s Money that rules the world.

Hi guys,
I’m french and would like to specify that we still can import DVD’s thanks to the EU. We can’t by Region 1 DVD’s anymore in online shops or virgin megastore but still in other EU countries like Luxembourg.
I have the luck to work there so this law is totally pointless ! I still have the right to buy it and bring it with me in France.

Just one thing to finish, we say “Vive la resistance !” and not “Viva” :-).

French RULEZ !!

If you don’t know, it’s a french man that did divx;-)

(btw i’m french )

FUCK (almost)ALL FRENCH, okay your Vin and pommes frites are good. and BELGIAN FRIES ARE DISGUSTING! FUCK YOU MR “The Poster” Belgians are only good to throw cow shit at. Belgian fries are waaaaay to fat and they are baked in old fat. Belgians suck ass. En ik weet daar nog wel wat leuke moppen over.