FPS what should I expect (HP DVD1040e)

[qanda]This thread is about the HP DVD1040e. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I am using DVDfab to convert my DVD collection to HD in order to serve up to an HP Media Smart Connect.

My question is what FPS decoding should I be getting.

I have seen as low as 15 FPS and right now I am ripping Pulp Fiction and it is running at 70 FPS.

[quote=Monkeycowboy;2195591][qanda]This thread is about the HP DVD1040e. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I am using DVDfab to convert my DVD collection to HD in order to serve up to an HP Media Smart Connect.

My question is what FPS decoding should I be getting.

I have seen as low as 15 FPS and right now I am ripping Pulp Fiction and it is running at 70 FPS.[/quote]
It all depends on your CPU and how many programs you have running in the background using up CPU resources, when doing conversions don’t have multi tasks going on…you want the conversion process to have exclusive access to the CPU also it is best to rip to the HDD first and convert from there :wink:

I have a dedicated machine that I only use to rip with. It’s older but still has 1.5GB ram and a 1.5Ghz CPU.

My FPS rang seems wide 15 FPS to 70 FPS using all the same equipment.

What are other peoples ranges?

[quote=Monkeycowboy;2195651]I have a dedicated machine that I only use to rip with. It’s older but still has 1.5GB ram and a 1.5Ghz CPU.

My FPS rang seems wide 15 FPS to 70 FPS using all the same equipment.

What are other peoples ranges?[/quote]
Well can’t speak for others but I have a Duo core CPU 2.66GHz and get over 105 fps that is with version 5230:bigsmile:

Thanks. It does not seem my #s are out of line compared to yours.

They are not out of line for your CPU :disagree:

I think my CPU was just insulted:sad:

:eek: Soory was not meant that way :flower: was only giving you the truth :iagree:

No offence taken.

For a dedicated machine it works for now.

[quote=Monkeycowboy;2195755]No offence taken.

For a dedicated machine it works for now.[/quote]
Yeah old machines and old farts like us seem to go hand-in-hand :bigsmile:

Alright now I have been insulted!!!:sad:

I was including myself in my statement which was a JOKE…you are a sensitive one aren’t you :eek: :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2195795]I was including myself in my statement which was a JOKE…you are a sensitive one aren’t you :eek: :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]It’s a monkey Tim don’t worry about it :smiley:

Anyway i get 170-190 fps with my E6600 4gigs RAM with stock settings using Vi$ta 64 bit.

[quote=Bob;2195805]It’s a monkey Tim don’t worry about it :smiley:

Anyway i get 170-190 fps with my E6600 4gigs RAM with stock settings using Vi$ta 64 bit.[/quote]
No worry here just passing the time :smiley: better then a stone :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Bob;2195805]It’s a monkey Tim don’t worry about it :smiley:

Anyway i get 170-190 fps with my E6600 4gigs RAM with stock settings using Vi$ta 64 bit.[/QUOTE]Ok I’m getting 50-70 on a 1.4Ghz WXP your getting 150 + with dou 2.4Ghz.

Now the Duo 2.4Gz obv has a big impact on the FPS encoding but what does the 64bit OS add to it?

I am assuming DVDfab is 64bit capable

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2195795]I was including myself in my statement which was a JOKE…you are a sensitive one aren’t you :eek: :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]Now not sensitive at all just having fun.

[QUOTE=Monkeycowboy;2195858]Ok I’m getting 50-70 on a 1.4Ghz WXP your getting 150 + with dou 2.4Ghz.

[B]Now the Duo 2.4Gz obv has a big impact on the FPS encoding but what does the 64bit OS add to it?

I am assuming DVDfab is 64bit capable[/B][/QUOTE]I have no idea what if any effect 64 bit has to do with it, i was just merely stating what i’m using. Yes DVDFab works with Vi$ta 64 bit.

[QUOTE=Bob;2195862]I have no idea what if any effect 64 bit has to do with it, i was just merely stating what i’m using. Yes DVDFab works with Vi$ta 64 bit.[/QUOTE]
Obv it works with 64bit but is DVDfab a 64bit application?

Reason I am asking this is I’m looking to get the FPS like you are but do not want to waste may time or money if DVDfab is not optimized for a 64bit OS. I would rather get a faster processor or more memory

[QUOTE=Monkeycowboy;2195893]Obv it works with 64bit but is DVDfab a 64bit application?[/QUOTE]no