FP what copysoftware do you use with your asus 52x for sd2.9?

im getting one soon…as i know of bw still needs autoplay to work on some drives. do you use diskdump/fireburner?

Alcohol, DiscJuggler, DDump + FireBurner or CloneCD* for SD2.9
CloneCD + twinpeak or Alcohol and D-Tools for SecuROM 4.8x
CloneCD for LaserLock
CloneCD or Alcohol for Ring PROTECH

DJ for ripping MP3
Nero for writing

*needs an ASUS

I own all of the burning apps and try to use them for various tasks. If someone’s interested in using their particular program I can help. I can’t say buy this or that one, you have to judge for yourself using the advice from the forum, however I don’t mind you asking :wink:

Originally posted by FutureProof
[B]Alcohol, DiscJuggler, DDump + FireBurner or CloneCD* for SD2.9
CloneCD + twinpeak or Alcohol and D-Tools for SecuROM 4.8x
CloneCD for LaserLock
CloneCD or Alcohol for Ring PROTECH

DJ for ripping MP3
Nero for writing

*needs an ASUS

I own all of the burning apps and try to use them for various tasks. If someone’s interested in using their particular program I can help. I can’t say buy this or that one, you have to judge for yourself using the advice from the forum, however I don’t mind you asking :wink: [/B]

thanks great info…

for the securerom im gonna keep using BW with my plex premium;)

also you get good copies with alch 120 and sd2.9?..i get mixed results on my liteons (ie some drives wont play them)…hopefully this asus will kick ass!

trying to get diskdump and fireburner to work with sd2.9 Can you help me with settings future? ive tried the settings from this thread http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50778
but no go…doesnt even make a copy that is close to the original?

help me FP your my only hope…:bow:

ps can you use cdrw while using fireburn?

Alcohol + SD2.9x + LITEON is not a problem as long as Bypass EFM error is unchecked in the default profile. Only the 24102B can’t do it.

ASUS + CloneCD + SD2.9x is not an issue.

Originally posted by Jamos
ps can you use cdrw while using fireburn?

Aren’t you using the cdrw to do the burning? :confused:

Where are you having problems with ddump/fireburner? Problem with image? Problem on the write? That combo should (and does) work fine for sd 2.9 with a 52x Asus.

ok thanks i have the 5237s liteon not getting a 100% burn on it though…my toshi drive and my creative wont play it…mohaa breakthrough…

i own fireburner, blindwrite, and alc 120 4.5.7…i dont own clonecd and cant get it anymore i guess…so i was trying the diskdump fireburner copy method…

using diskdump what profile do i use? (i used safedisk 1+2)
using fireburner do i check autocorrect sub…i unchecked but it seems to correct it anyways?

thanks for the help…

i get my asus monday…

Originally posted by philamber
[B]Aren’t you using the cdrw to do the burning? :confused:

Where are you having problems with ddump/fireburner? Problem with image? Problem on the write? That combo should (and does) work fine for sd 2.9 with a 52x Asus. [/B]

yes im using a cdrw disk to burn with…using your howto thread…but i dont have my asus yet was trying a liteon 52327s guess it dont work well with it…

problem is with the burned image it doesnt play or even auto start when i click on it…ie it does nothing…alc 120 works alot better but still doesnt work in some of my drives…and its not hide cdr because i know that works on those drives and one drive is a cdr drive not a rw.

heres the log from fireburn

hread1: Executing
Recording device: LITE-ON LTR-52327S
Firmware version: QS09
Recording method: Disc-at-once 16 (Dao16)
Recording Speed: 8x
BURN Proof: Enabled

//----------------------------------------------------------------------
// Burning - data is being permanently written to CD

Thread1: Setting Write Parameters
Thread1: Reading Disc Info
Thread1: Start LBA is -12490
Thread1: Processing Lead-in
Thread2: Executing
Thread1: Processing Track 1 Pause [150 Sectors]
Thread1: Processing Track 1 [Mode1] [353346 Sectors]
Thread1: Converting from Mode1/2352 to Mode1/2368 on the fly
Thread1: Autocorrecting sub-channel
Thread1: Processing Lead-out
Thread2: Synchronizing Cache
Recording complete

Possible problems:

1. Game may be hotwired to run only from installation drive (unless you edit your registry).

2. Failure to use an atip hiding utility when playing copy from a writer.

3. You’re trying to copy a copy not an original (not always possible with sd 2.9 unlike previous sd versions).

4. You have or have had blacklisted software (e.g. ccd’s virtual drive, older versions of alcohol or daemon tools) on your system. [Note that whilst removal of the blacklisted soft usually fixes this problem, sometimes it doesn’t because of residual drivers and/or registry entries that aren’t removed during uninstallation.]

5. (Unlikely) Your writer just can’t do sd 2.9.

To test whether the problem lies in the reading or writing process, test you image by mounting it on latest version alcohol or daemon tools virtual drive. Then install and run the game from the mounted image. If it runs from the mounted image without any form of emulation (as it should), then your image is good and the problem lies in the writing process. If it won’t run from the mounted image then for some reason you’re not getting a good raw image from the reading process.

Try it and let us know. [PS. Make sure that you’re using the latest version of alcohol or dt when doing your tests.]

using diskdump what profile do i use? (i used safedisk 1+2)
using fireburner do i check autocorrect sub…i unchecked but it seems to correct it anyways?

Discdump: Either use safedisc mode or standard mode. If you have problems with safedisc mode, use standard; whilst standard mode is significantly slower, it doesn’t use any tricks and should give you a good raw image (test it as I indicated in my previous post and report back please).

Fireburner: I have autocorrect sub-channel data checked for safedisc burning (though, as you’ve noticed it will do so anyway unless subs are detected in the image and, of course, there aren’t any in a sd image.)

ok ill try it but ill answer a few of the questions now.

1. no it will run on any drive ive copied it with alc 120 it will work fine on all my drives on this machine.

2. no need for a hide program my other computer has only a creative 52x cdrom (i know its real picky its my test cd drive).

3. original disk from ea.

4. only other software on that computer is new version of alc 120…i know its not blacklisted…and i never used clonecd. Ive uninstalled it still no go.

5. could be a possibility i guess.

ill try mounting the image with alc 120 vd…see what happens.

[B]Discdump: Either use safedisc mode or standard mode. If you have problems with safedisc mode, use standard; whilst standard mode is significantly slower, it doesn’t use any tricks and should give you a good raw image (test it as I indicated in my previous post and report back please).

Fireburner: I have autocorrect sub-channel data checked for safedisc burning (though, as you’ve noticed it will do so anyway unless subs are detected in the image and, of course, there aren’t any in a sd image.) [/B]

ok thanks ill try reimaging it with standard if my mounted vd doesnt work.

[B]Discdump: Either use safedisc mode or standard mode. If you have problems with safedisc mode, use standard; whilst standard mode is significantly slower, it doesn’t use any tricks and should give you a good raw image (test it as I indicated in my previous post and report back please).

Fireburner: I have autocorrect sub-channel data checked for safedisc burning (though, as you’ve noticed it will do so anyway unless subs are detected in the image and, of course, there aren’t any in a sd image.) [/B]

could it be wrong aspi? i thought i downloaded and installed the version they said but may have a later version. ive noticed that use aspi is not checked in fireburner settings though it still uses it.

could it be wrong aspi?

Possible but not all that likely. Ddump does require an adaptec aspi layer and versions later than v. 4.6 aren’t reliable with ddump. However, ddump usually refuses to run at all if it doesn’t like the aspi layer. Still, it will do no harm to ensure that v. 4.6 is the version you have installed.

mounted iso image runs perfect. im stumpped…could it be blindwrites coufin drivers screwing me up?

my system is a ath 3200+ 2 512 meg. ram twinx synced corsairs, win xp pro…bw5, alc120 v.4.5.7, diskdump, fireburner 2.7…

drives plex premium master 2nd, liteon 52327s slave 2nd, sony dru500 dvdrw master slave.

mounted iso image runs perfect. im stumpped…

OK, your image is good so ddump has done its job.

Try burning the image again with fireburner. Try using dao16 or if that fails, try dao96.

If that doesn’t work, try burning the iso/cue with alcohol (rename the .iso file .bin if necessary) and see if that works.

[B]OK, your image is good so ddump has done its job.

Try burning the image again with fireburner. Try using dao16 or if that fails, try dao96.

If that doesn’t work, try burning the iso/cue with alcohol (rename the .iso file .bin if necessary) and see if that works. [/B]

already tried dao16 thats the first time…no go
tired alc 120 with iso burned like above…

could it be the cdrw? im gonna try a cheap cdr.

you dont think its blindwrites coufin drivers screwing it up do you?

ok heres it set at 96 on a cdr still not go…image wont work period…alc 120 does better reading it and burning it. not sure why i cant get a good image burned.

Thread1: Executing
Recording device: LITE-ON LTR-52327S
Firmware version: QS09
Recording method: Disc-at-once 96 (Dao96)
Recording Speed: 4x
BURN Proof: Enabled

// Burning - data is being permanently written to CD

Thread1: Setting Write Parameters
Thread1: Reading Disc Info
Thread1: Start LBA is -12294
Thread1: Processing Lead-in
Thread2: Executing
Thread1: Processing Track 1 Pause [150 Sectors]
Thread1: Processing Track 1 [Mode1] [353346 Sectors]
Thread1: Converting from Mode1/2352 to Mode1/2448 on the fly
Thread1: Autocorrecting sub-channel
Thread1: Processing Lead-out
Thread2: Synchronizing Cache
Recording complete

that disk above will work with ignore cdr media on my cdrw drives on one computer but on the other drive which is a creative labs 52x (yes i know its a crappy drive) it will not run get tmp errors.

the same holds true with my dell laptop and my toshi cdrw drive it will not run with ignore cdr on…gives temp errors…only thing i have on it is alc 120 latest version no other software.

so id say the image isnt good enough…according to VSO your gonna need autoplay to make it work on all drives. cdrws out there cannot do exact copies of sd2.9…doing alc120 or diskdump/fireburner etc. without some kind of emulation. may make it work on alot of drives but not all…looks like thats the case for me. with autoplay burned on the cd and installed on the laptop i can run it and on my creative labs cdr i can run it.

now well see when i get the asus drive.

also i want to test it on my other computer and its liteon dvd/cdrw which is also suppose to kill sd2.9 with diskdump/fireburner.