FP one question

My asus 5224a can do hardware error correction, should i turn this on instead of using software while reading my images of sd 2.9+ with clonecd?? hence would i get a backup that wouldnt need clone cd tray to run? its defaulted to software.

well it worked by switching to hardware ec on my drive settings for the read i got a copy that will play back without cd tray.

Choose hardware. The ASUS produces a far superior result that works in all burners. The “doesn’t work in all burners” issue is due to Software EC in many cases.

@Jamos

I read somewhere in prior posts long ago that if a unit is hardware capable, then using it in hardware error correction is better. I think this has not changed.

yup it makes a better backup…:wink:

Where is that option hidden?

when reading a cd right click on your drive in clonecd and go to settings. i beleive its on the 2nd tab.

How do you know what burners can and con’t do hardware error correction.

Is there a list/ test/ only certain drives or can all “2 Sheep” burners do it.

Originally posted by Womble
[B]How do you know what burners can and con’t do hardware error correction.

Is there a list/ test/ only certain drives or can all “2 Sheep” burners do it. [/B]

I would think all but i couldnt tell you…i know the asus the liteons and prolly even the plextors should be able to do this in thier reads…I dont think it has to be a 2 sheep burner because its reading the image and not burning it…i think when you write the image thats when you need a 2 sheep burner.

It’s related to two-sheep ratings but not dependant. It’s just a matter of trying. Hardware mode may not work as well as Software in some models, but I can’t recall any specifics lately.