Foxconn Deliberately Sabotaging Motherboard Bios to Exclude Linux?

vbimport

Some Linux users are up in arms over a possible deliberate act of sabotage in a Foxconn motherboard bios that interferes with Linux operating systems.
Still not certain if this is a deliberate act, or just a few bugs. This thread only shows the Linux side and there is no official response yet from Foxconn.
http://ubuntu-virginia.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=869249

The story is spreading across the internet now though, via Digg, reddit and slashdot. The tinfoil hatters are already looking for conspiracy connections to Microsoft. :slight_smile:

interesting

Tut tut, it does seem like some pretty deliberate exclusion of the linux user base there. Meh, getting an Asus motherboard for my new build anyway so no big deal (nice little P5E if anyone cares).

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2099133]S
Still not certain if this is a deliberate act, or just a few bugs. This thread only shows the Linux side and there is no official response yet from Foxconn.[/QUOTE]
How can a motherboard … not support linux?
I’d expect a motherboard to work for any OS thrown at it …
I couldn’t really suggest any valid reasons why there would be multiple DSDT tables to target OS’s other than XP, Server 2003 and vista …

Seems deliberate, but maybe, as the author suggested, the whole bios was written by a incompetent and failing 1yr computer science student :stuck_out_tongue: