Fourteen groups urge court webcast RIAA copyright case

I just posted the article Fourteen groups urge court webcast RIAA copyright case.

Fourteen news companies filed a brief in the 1st U.S. Circuit court of Appeals seeking the court to stream a hearing between the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) and a Boston…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/15467-Fourteen-groups-urge-court-webcast-RIAA-copyright-case.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/15467-Fourteen-groups-urge-court-webcast-RIAA-copyright-case.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I think its honorable of him to even offer to pay a certain amount to them. But wouldn’t this mean that he is admitting guilt if he was willing to give a $ amount to settle.

In any case, I hope the case goes online, he wins, and the RIAA gets screwed and people can learn how to beat them in court. If so, then no one can be afraid of them anymore, and say screw you to them when they ask for a settlement

No, offering to settle is no way an admission of guilt. This is a civil matter. Individuals and corporations routinely settle out of court with no admissions of anything, simply to avoid going to court and possible bad publicity.

The thing that sucks is the RIAA has changed their tactics and want to do the 3 strikes our banned from your isps deals. I think they got the feeling these cases were going to become more scrutinized, and thats why they’re making this shift. So even if they guy one, what good will it do, if the RIAA starts getting you banned from your isp. Especially if your not guilty.

@Zod I guess that will open lawsuits against ISPs for wrongful disconnection.

I have seen over the years the stream of people who are brave or in a bad position to stand up to the RIAA, downloading is stealing that aside, The RIAA is illegal and breaking every law, they should be put in jail and sued for crimminal activities they use to cheat steal and invade their ways into our homes “in my opinion”. That said, we have to love the people who at one case at a time took back the vail of illegal crap RIAA use to bully those accused of taking songs for so called over priced 99 cents with DRM crap only lose its value after the website disappeared with your licence. RIAA should be sued for faulty business practices, and stealing from the public with no refund, or replacement, or selling disks without some coating to stop scratching. Same old music indsutry, steal from the artist and the public, and than accuse you of stealing of something you own, CD to MP3 is still legal morons, get rid of CD and give us MP3 HD 7.1 music, than you might have something to sell, otherwisw I will buy movies in 7.1 HD instead of crappy 2 channels, to bad music industry is stuck in the 1950, or was it the 40’s still.

I have seen over the years the stream of people who are brave or in a bad position to stand up to the RIAA, downloading is stealing that aside, The RIAA is illegal and breaking every law, they should be put in jail and sued for crimminal activities they use to cheat steal and invade their ways into our homes “in my opinion”. That said, we have to love the people who at one case at a time took back the vail of illegal crap RIAA use to bully those accused of taking songs for so called over priced 99 cents with DRM crap only lose its value after the website disappeared with your licence. RIAA should be sued for faulty business practices, and stealing from the public with no refund, or replacement, or selling disks without some coating to stop scratching. Same old music indsutry, steal from the artist and the public, and than accuse you of stealing of something you own, CD to MP3 is still legal morons, get rid of CD and give us MP3 HD 7.1 music, than you might have something to sell, otherwisw I will buy movies in 7.1 HD instead of crappy 2 channels, to bad music industry is stuck in the 1950, or was it the 40’s still.