Found some old Verbatim MCC 03RG20

I got 300 of these off ebay 25 packs ($55 shipped :kiss:), they are CMC made and have the darker blue label similar to my older packs from a couple of years ago.

These are some keepers…

Looks like a very decent burn on some high quality media. Especially for a 16x burn.

I’d love to see a picture of how large your media collection is now lol

My media collection isn’t that big anymore (maybe 2000 DVD), I sold off a lot of 8x media I had.

[QUOTE=cd pirate;1973283]Looks like a very decent burn on some high quality media. Especially for a 16x burn.

I’d love to see a picture of how large your media collection is now lol[/QUOTE]

I bet they are MAPA :clap:

I was gonna make a new thread about this MID and how inconsistent it is .
I received a 100 pack of Verbatim -R 16X bought from OM when it was on sale and with another coupon the price was 15$ per the 100 pack .

They are made by CMC in 2005 and they were MAP6 :doh:
PIF is good (but not what I was hoping for:p) , PIE is HORRIBLE but Jitter is awesome , I was thinking about selling them but decided to wait for your opinions .

8X seems to give the best quality , 12X is good but 16X burning could not complete and revert back to 12X after 4 GB mark . 18X was a COASTER :bigsmile:

I was surprised when I found out that Samsung 203B is the best burner for this MID , and when I swapped MCC 03RG20 strategy with MXL RG04 every thing was better specially jitter .

Here are some scans of 6X/8X burns :

Are you saying the PIE in those pics you posted are horrible??

If yes you must have gone crazy. I wouldn’t take that stuff so seriously, plus jitter and PIF are quite low. 16x and higher usually never agrees with any of my drives on that media either. 8x and 6x are also the sweet spot for me.

Judging from your scans I’d say 6x might have a slight edge over the 8x burn that seems to slightly rise the jitter more towards the end.

But seriously, those are good burns and selling media that burns like that is insane! :stuck_out_tongue:

Btw - I find my BenQ reports more PIE for both my MCC004 and MCC03RG20. A liteon may report far far less PIE. Note these scans of the same disc. Ridiculous difference there.