Found NEW Pioneer DVR-215D's

Yo-

I have been looking for some time for the great Pioneer DVR-215D’s in black. Have found pleanty of used ones but no new ones. Last night found NEW ones bought two here:

www.esaitech.com

Use their ‘search’ function for “DVR-215D” and it will take you to both beige and black ones for $62 each plus a reasonable shipping charge.

Yo-

You would think that with 140 views - someone would have said something…

Anyway - received my two yesterday and they are the ‘real deal’ new and well packaged in multiple layers of bubblewrap and dual boxing.

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2588283]You would think that with 140 views - someone would have said something…[/QUOTE]

People are too much in shock and disbelief when they see the price. The drives were good, but I don’t think anyone wants to pay those prices. In fact, that place has several older, classic drives, but they’re all way too expensive for most. You might as well be looking at a Blu-ray burner.

[QUOTE=negritude;2588310]People are too much in shock and disbelief when they see the price. The drives were good, but I don’t think anyone wants to pay those prices. In fact, that place has several older, classic drives, but they’re all way too expensive for most. You might as well be looking at a Blu-ray burner.[/QUOTE]

I had two 215 and was migthily pleased with them. I did get one from the post, and would like to thank bigmike7 for pointing it out, it will come in a few days. I also thought that at that price BD burners wouls be more tempting and the Lite-On iHBS112 at one hundred bucks and free shipping was irresistible.

its on sale:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=zaq;2588560]its on sale:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

It’s amazing that they still have the DVR-212 at seventy-two bucks and the 112 at eighty-four. Those are pretty old.

@BM
Kidding aside
your efforts are still highly appreciated.
Thanks

I was never overly impressed with my 215L. (crossflashed from D) I felt my Optiarc 7240s and Samsung SH-S203B outperformed it on a consistent basis. Drives vary a bit in performance, and my particular one was probably not representative of the breed, but I wouldn’t go looking for another.

Now, if my Samsung dies, I’ll be a sad panda.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2588639]I was never overly impressed with my 215L. (crossflashed from D) I felt my Optiarc 7240s and Samsung SH-S203B outperformed it on a consistent basis. Drives vary a bit in performance, and my particular one was probably not representative of the breed, but I wouldn’t go looking for another.

Now, if my Samsung dies, I’ll be a sad panda.[/QUOTE]

Yo Kerry-

My DVR-115D (in my Burning rig) is by far the best read everything burner I have ever had and am stocking up for future SATA builds. My Optiarc 7200A is the best burn everything burner I have ever had. So I’m sticking/investing in what works best for me and my Verbie and TY medias-eh.

:iagree: