Found Fuji Disks

I just found a spindle of Fuji Disks. Here is how they are identified. Are they really TYs, or are they fakes? I’ve had them a couple of years.

Are all TYs made in Japan?

Nero CD-DVD Speed: Disc Info
Basic Information
Disc type: : CD-R
Manufacturer: : Taiyo Yuden
MID : 97m24s01f
Write speeds: : 8 X - 16 X - 24 X - 32 X - 40 X - 48 X
Capacity: : 79:59.72
: 703 MB
Extended Information
Usage : General
Disc Status : Empty
Raw Data
ATIP
0000 - C0 00 98 00 61 18 01 00 4F 3B 48 00 00 00 80 00 - …a…O;H…
0010 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - …

I have read everywhere that Fuji sells real Taiyo Yuden discs. Then I guess you can safely assume that they are genuine if they are identified as Yuden… :), also because I think a big brand like Fuji would not use fake MID, no? :confused: Maybe I am too naïve, lol

I think that Taiyo Yuden discs are made solely in Japan. I have not heard of them having factories in other countryes. :slight_smile:

All TY discs are made in Japan and if they are sold under the Fuji brand name with TY mids they are genuine TY.

Ann-Willow is correct. Fuji does not use fake mids. :clap:

Claps from an administrator on my 10th post, you have me blushing philamber…
What a friendly forum :smiley:
kiss :kiss:

Wow. That’s good news! Glad to have some decent disks.

I also found some Fuji branded TY CD-R media at Radioshack shrinkwraped but they were selling for 25$ per 50 discs so I skipped them :o

No no don’t jump the gun. There’s an abnormality in the media code! I suspect a definite faked media code. You unfortunately have gotten the famous Fuji Fake discs. Read the back of your spindle, the barcode numbers should be something like FFhTTT then a bunch of numbers.

Nah I’m kidding they are genuine TY mate :stuck_out_tongue:

Hahahahahaha :bigsmile:

It’s not so funny.
Just think of this classic from Europe:

http://www.hwsw.hu/hir.php3?id=29467
http://www.dvdrteszt.hu/index.php?p=fakeverbatim [Link deactivated by DrageMester because the page tries to load stuff from 192.168.1.1. Use at own risk]

:bigsmile:

LOL! :bigsmile:

[Link deactivated by DrageMester because the page tries to load stuff from [B]192.168[/B].1.1. Use at own risk]
This is your OWN network at home (or @work) :wink: If you don’t trust that, then flatten and rebuild all connected systems, sell your router and other network devices on ebay and get new stuff :bigsmile:

[Off-topic]

You’re missing the point. No page on the internet should try to load anything from a private IP address such as 192.168.1.1 which is commonly used as the IP address for broadband routers in your home. Since the linked page does just that, there are two possible reasons:

1. Someone made an error by referencing 192.168.1.1
  2. Someone is trying to attack the local router at 192.168.1.1 by some sneaky method, hoping that it’s not password protected or hoping that people will provide login details themselves.

#1 is the more likely explanation, but I’m not taking my chances with #2. :wink:

Spooky :eek:

Luckily it’s password protected. :eek:

[B]192.168.1.1[/B] :eek:

This is my Gateway :confused:

:bigsmile: