Forum Tools pop-up position problem

Hi,

When I click on the “Forum Tools” option within a forum (typically to do a “mark as read”) I’ve noticed a strange thing:

Since the last forum upgrade it now appears that the menu popup position is a % of the screen width, as opposed to being linked to the cursor position like it was before. It worked fine before the upgrade on my montior res and browser.

This wouldn’t be a problem, except that I have a 24" widescreen TFT - 1920x1200 res and the menu appears a few inches across the screen which makes it tricky to get the pointer over to the menu without hitting something else that closes the menu.

If I resize the browser to be a more “normal” width (say around 1300 pixels wide) the issue seems to go away - or is not bad enough to be an issue.

My browser is FF 2.0.11. Could it be looked at please (or put back to how it was)?

If you need any more info/testing feel free to ask.

PS: The same thing happens to the “search this forum” popup too.

TIA
J

Can I second this please.

Same setup, same problem. The search box pops up miles away from the search hyperlink and the ‘search’ box often then changes to the ‘quick links’ one as I move my mouse over towards it.

This is in IE7.

I don’t doubt for a minute that this is happening but I cannot seem to recreate it. I also use IE7. Perhaps it has something to do with my setting in Kapersky to block all banner ads and popups. I am stumped. I will report it.

[QUOTE=alan1476;1959690]I don’t doubt for a minute that this is happening but I cannot seem to recreate it. I also use IE7. Perhaps it has something to do with my setting in Kapersky to block all banner ads and popups. I am stumped. I will report it.[/QUOTE]

Yep I get this too, and I use IE7!
This is happening when you go below the box with your mouse pointer and then if you go above it the links box will appear and the search box disappears! It just depends on where your pointer is when you drag to after selecting search to the box on the right side of the screen. Hope I helped a little? :confused: :smiley:

Yeah, I’ve got the same problem too. Using a widescreen monitor at 1400x900 resolution.